Keeping you in The Loop
While Lynn Glass, RN, BSN, primarily cares for burn patients attending follow-up appointments, the Burn Center Outpatient Clinic also assists with inpatient care, as well as treating burn patients from the Emergency Department.
According to Jorge Salinas, MD, getting vaccinated and continuing safety practices is important to protect ourselves and others against all COVID-19 variants, KWWL reports.
- Testing of the live overhead announcement capability of the fire alarm system will take place between 1 and 5 p.m. tomorrow.
- Epic Caboodle, Clarity, and Reporting Maintenance: tomorrow and Wednesday, April 21.
- During April, save 20% on all glasses during UI Optical’s eyeglasses sale.
View and share this video (en Español) about why it’s important to talk to your loved ones about getting vaccinated against COVID-19.
We Stand Together
It’s National Volunteer Week, and although most volunteers have not been on-site due to the pandemic, we can show them how much they are missed and appreciated by posting a picture and a message to the Volunteer Services Kudoboard.
By the numbers
Total inpatients: 722 today
Total outpatient visits: 4,207 today
C-19 adult inpatients: 17 yesterday, 494 to date
C-19 pediatric inpatients: 0 yesterday, 35 to date
% positive symptomatic C-19 test results**: 12% yesterday, 14% to date
Telehealth screenings***: 90 yesterday, 20,185 to date
Employees tested positive (self-reported)*: 1 yesterday, 1,634 to date
Employees who have received the first COVID-19 vaccine dose: 0 yesterday, 15,164 to date
Employees who have received both the first and second/final COVID-19 vaccine doses: 0 yesterday, 12,870 to date
Epic: What’s New
See the Epic Status Report for April 20, 2021, for all updates and screenshots.
- Consent for Operation or Procedure Available to Nursing and LIP Users Under More Activities
- Additional Event Notifications
- Displaying Reinstated Orders on Appointment Request Workqueues
- Added New Payor ID and Benefit Plans
- Updating Patient Demographics Form
- Set the Notify PCP Preference
- Welcome Workflows for Clerical Staff
- Arriving a New Patient
- Arriving an Anonymous Patient
- Arriving an Established Patient
- COVID-19 Vaccination Appointment Scheduling
Events: Join us
- Hills Bank: Financial planning virtual class: noon to 12:30 on Wednesday, April 21.
- liveWELL training: The four pillars of retirement planning: Every Tuesday until May 4, via Zoom.
Outside UI Health Care
The funding will be used to create a greater variety of produce in the refrigerators and expand what is available on the shelves, KCRG reports.
After serving Iowa City students for 21 years, Gregg Shoultz will retire from the district to help lead the American International School of Abuja, The Daily Iowan reports.
The chopper autonomously flew through the thin Martian atmosphere, with no help from its teams on Earth, CNN reports.
A battle is brewing between Europe’s top soccer clubs and their governing bodies—one that could cost billions of dollars in television rights payments alone, NPR reports.
The team held a six-shot lead heading into yesterday’s finale, but mid-round struggles shrunk the margin, The Daily Iowan reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to firstname.lastname@example.org and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.