Keeping you in The Loop
Diffusing potentially turbulent situations inside the hospital is one of the most delicate challenges some UI Health Care employees face. One way that challenge is made easier is by using the Show of Support team.
Adrian Holm, DO, clinical associate professor in gastroenterology and hepatology for UI Health Care and section chief for gastroenterology at the Iowa City VA Health Care System, has been selected as this year’s recipient of the Mark Wolcott Award for Excellence in Clinical Care Delivery.
Four finalists for the next University of Iowa president will visit campus over the next three weeks and will participate in open forums. Live video streaming of all open forums will be available.
- Starting on Monday, April 19, Elevators BA and BW in General Hospital will be temporarily closed for approximately four months, while equipment upgrades are made.
- The Human Rights Campaign Foundation offers free, online LGBTQ+ patient-centered care training.
- Want to participate on the UI Health Care Corridor Corporate Games team? Here’s how to start.
Stay safe in the community by choosing low-risk activities and masking up.
We Stand Together
Carolyn Laxson, MA, RN, CCTC, a nurse clinician in the UI Heart and Vascular Center, recently received 25 red roses from a heart transplant patient. The roses represent the patient’s 25th transplant anniversary.
By the numbers
Total inpatients: 736 today
Total outpatient visits: 4,152 today
C-19 adult inpatients: 16 yesterday, 477 to date
C-19 pediatric inpatients: 1 yesterday, 33 to date
% positive symptomatic C-19 test results**: 14% yesterday, 14% to date
Telehealth screenings***: 103 yesterday, 19,065 to date
Employees tested positive (self-reported)*: 1 yesterday, 1,627 to date
Employees who have received the first COVID-19 vaccine dose: 0 yesterday, 14,483 to date
Employees who have received both the first and second/final COVID-19 vaccine doses: 0 yesterday, 12,794 to date
Epic: What’s new
See the Epic Status Report for April 13, 2021 for all updates and screenshots.
- Epic Interface System Maintenance at 9:30 p.m. on Thursday, April 15, for 15 minutes
- New Inpatient BPAs for Janssen COVID Vaccine
- Update to MyChart View Graph of Patient Health Questionnaire-9 (PHQ-9) Score
- Blood Order Standardization
- Epic Native Video Supports Multi-Party Visits
- Expansion of Epic Native Video Visits to Jefferson County Health Center (JCHC)
- Added MyChart Successful Video Visits Metric to Dashboards for UICC Sites
- New Workers Compensation Work Queue
- Workers Compensation Referrals
- What’s Viewable in MyChart for Proxy Users
- Beaker CP – Collecting Specimens for Lab Staff
Events: Join us
- Great Plains Emerging Infectious Diseases Conference: April 15-16, via Zoom. Registration is underway.
- 22nd Annual Update in Infectious Diseases: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on April 30, via Zoom
Outside UI Health Care
After four years at the University of Iowa, Guowei Qi will attend the University of Cambridge to conduct research as one of 17 Churchill Scholars in the nation, The Daily Iowan reports.
Experts say everyone should be on alert, keep an eye out for signs of fraud, protect themselves online, and take proactive steps if they have been victimized, We Are Iowa reports.
The death of the man, identified by family as Daunte Wright, and ensuing unrest, came in the midst of the Derek Chauvin trial for the killing of George Floyd, CBS News reports.
A lack of semiconductors threatens many industries, hitting auto makers especially hard, NPR reports.
In yesterday’s final round of the 85th Masters at Augusta National, Matsuyama became the first Japanese man to win one of golf’s majors, ESPN reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to firstname.lastname@example.org and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.