We are caring for 781 inpatients and have 3,546 outpatient visits today.
High: 44 Low: 30 Mostly cloudy
High: 54 Low: 36 Sunny
Broadcasts: Need to know
The University of Iowa has partnered with the Eastern Central Iowa Council of Governments to offer university students, faculty, and staff discounted bus passes for 380Express. University riders can begin purchasing the discounted bus passes beginning today.
News: In The Loop
Gabby Yoder, 8, of Kalona, Iowa, is our Kid Captain for tomorrow’s game against Penn State. Gabby was born with a congenital heart defect and underwent multiple surgeries by the age of 4.
The last two weeks have been a busy mix of celebration and recognition for those involved with the Carver College of Medicine’s Physician Assistant program.
New guidelines for ADHD recommend more emphasis on behavioral therapy rather than drug treatment, especially in children, explains Lane Strathearn, MBBS, PhD, on KCRG-TV9.
Are you prepared for flu season? The UI Health Care pharmacies are here to help, with a 20% discount on many over-the-counter products for UI employees.
Events: Join us
- LGBTQ Safe Zone: Phase 1: 2 to 4 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 15, 4999 JPP (Elevator I, Level 4)
- Ethics Rounds: Physician Aid in Dying—What It Is and What It Isn’t, noon to 1 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 16, Melrose Conference Rooms 1 and 2, 51005 PFP (Elevator M, Level 5)
- ADHD in Primary Care Update: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday, Oct. 18, UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital Center for Disabilities and Development, Rembolt Conference Room, Level 1
- The pneumatic tube system will be shut down at 11 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 15, for about 1 hour. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Hawkeyes kick off at 6:44 p.m. tomorrow against Penn State in Kinnick Stadium. Learn more about getting to the hospital on game days, and see details for employee parking. Please help direct our patients and visitors to avoid Melrose Avenue, to park in Parking Ramps 1 or 2, and enter through the Main Entrance.
- HR policy reminder: In order to promote a fragrance-free environment, staff should not wear perfume or other scents. Fragrances may cause allergic or adverse reactions in others.
Research volunteers invited
Find more research studies at uihc.org/studies.
- Subjects between ages 40 and 70 with Type 2 diabetes are invited to participate in a research study where they undergo vascular function testing following eight weeks of dietary nitrate supplementation. Study requires seven separate visits on weekday mornings. Compensation. Contact 319-335-9808 or email@example.com.
Outside UI Health Care
About 200 UI College of Dentistry students, faculty, and alumni participated in a dental clinic in Davenport aimed at providing free care to people without dental insurance, the UI reports.
With the UI drawing closer to selecting a partner to manage its utilities, President Bruce Harreld hinted at future partnerships yesterday afternoon, The Daily Iowan reports.
Jessica Uhlmann is sharing just how vital it is for children to be buckled up in the car after experiencing a head-on collision last summer with her three boys, KCRG reports.
An angry California Gov. Gavin Newsom slammed the state’s largest utility over its power shutoffs, saying they’re the result of years of mismanagement and greed, CNN reports.
Under pressure from China, Apple has removed a smartphone app that enabled Hong Kong protesters to track police, The Associated Press reports.
Tomorrow night, a gold Iowa football team will walk out of the tunnel to play what’s expected to be the toughest game of its regular season, The Daily Iowan reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to firstname.lastname@example.org and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.