We are caring for 809 inpatients and have 3,684 outpatient visits today.
High: 39 Low: 26 Decreasing clouds
High: 42 Low: 29 Mostly sunny
Broadcasts: Need to know
There will be a freeze period on any configuration changes to Epic from Sunday, Nov. 24, through Saturday, Dec. 14, in support of the Epic upgrade happening on Dec. 7 at 1 a.m. Changes will only be allowed to existing functionality for emergent situations that meet patient safety, compliance, or financial criteria if approved by the leadership team.
Door security system back up and running
The C-Cure9000 software that controls the scheduling of locking and unlocking doors failed early this morning, but the software is back up and running. Questions? Call 319-356-0841 or 319-356-2658.
News: In The Loop
Internationally recognized neurobiologist David J. Patterson, DPhil, DSc, will be the distinguished guest speaker at events hosted by the UI Abboud Cardiovascular Research Center on Monday, Nov. 25, and Tuesday, Nov. 26.
Events: Join us
- Frontiers in Pediatrics Research Seminar: Timothy Cripe, MD, PhD, noon to 1 p.m. Monday, Nov. 25, Pediatric Conference Center, 2415 JCP (Elevator F, Level 2)
- Mindfulness-based cognitive therapy program: 10 a.m. to noon, Wednesdays, Jan. 22 to March 11
- The Fountain Entrance circle drive will be closed from 6:30 p.m. today until approximately 2 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 24, to move materials and equipment up to the roof. A crane will be set up early Sunday morning.
- CAMBUS riders can now use a new mobile app called Transit, which replaces Bongo. Users can plan trips, predict departure times, and receive alerts, with other new features to help make riding CAMBUS convenient and easy.
- The Hawkeyes kick off at 11 a.m. tomorrow against Illinois in Kinnick Stadium. Learn more about getting to the hospital on game days, and see details for employee parking. Please help direct our patients and visitors to avoid Melrose Avenue, to park in Parking Ramps 1 or 2, and enter through the Main Entrance.
Research volunteers invited
Find more research studies at uihc.org/studies.
- Subjects between ages 40 and 70 with Type 2 diabetes are invited to participate in a research study where they undergo vascular function testing following eight weeks of dietary nitrate supplementation. Study requires seven separate visits on weekday mornings. Compensation. Contact 319-335-9808 or email@example.com.
Outside UI Health Care
With December closing in, here’s some helpful information on battling winter weather on the UI campus, Iowa Now reports.
Iowa City hosted an expo to discuss initiatives to combat climate change, The Daily Iowan reports.
Gov. Kim Reynolds has ordered all flags in Iowa to fly at half-staff to honor a fallen World War II veteran who will be laid to rest Friday, KCRG reports.
The Federal Aviation Administration said the flight landed safely after reporting a possible engine failure just after departure, CNN reports.
Israeli PM Netanyahu holds on to power despite charges of bribery, fraud, and breach of trust, the BBC reports.
Tesla’s launch of its futuristic Cybertruck pickup suffered a setback when its “armored glass” windows shattered on stage, Reuters reports.
Iowa’s 19 football seniors will be honored before their final home game against Illinois tomorrow, The Daily Iowan reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to firstname.lastname@example.org and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.