Keeping you in The Loop
In the Respiratory Specialty and Comprehensive Care Unit (RSCCU), staff work to provide exceptional care to patients who are seriously ill. Working with this patient population can take a toll on one’s emotions—to stay positive, the staff boosts morale through fun games.
Graduates of the UI Carver College of Medicine will celebrate virtual commencement ceremonies on May 14 and May 15. Today we introduce you to Paige Brady, who will receive a bachelor of science degree in radiation sciences.
- In celebration of National Nurses Week and next week’s National Hospital Week, liveWELL is offering a drawing for ten $250 prizes to those who complete their 2021 Personal Health Assessment by May 13.
- Hospital Ramp 2 will be closed for maintenance from 6 p.m. today through 3 a.m. Monday, May 10. You will not be permitted to enter the ramp after 4 p.m. today, and vehicles not removed by 6 p.m. will be relocated.
- The UI DeGowin Blood Center is in need of platelet donors.
Did you know Interpreting Services is available 24/7? Page 4225 or call 319-356-1967.
We Stand Together
During Nurses Week (May 6-12), share your messages of gratitude and appreciation for our nurses on this kudoboard.
By the numbers
Total inpatients: 812 today
Total outpatient visits: 3,276 today
C-19 adult inpatients: 17 yesterday, 558 to date
C-19 pediatric inpatients: 0 yesterday, 39 to date
% positive symptomatic C-19 test results**: 10% yesterday, 14% to date
Telehealth screenings***: 92 yesterday, 22,418 to date
Employees tested positive (self-reported)*: 2 yesterday, 1,654 to date
Employees who have received the first COVID-19 vaccine dose: 11 yesterday, 15,327 to date
Employees who have received both the first and second/final COVID-19 vaccine doses: 153 yesterday, 14,816 to date
Research volunteers invited
- Pregnant women planning on delivering at UI Health Care are invited to participate in a study investigating the effect of position on blood pressure measurement. Compensation provided. For more information, visit: is.gd/POSTURE.
Find more research studies at uihc.org/studies.
Events: Join us
- liveWELL information session on diabetes prevention program: 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, May 12.
- Nurses Week yoga/stretch sessions with liveWELL: 4:30 p.m. tomorrow and 9 p.m. Tuesday, May 11, via Zoom.
Outside UI Health Care
Led by UI physicists, researchers report a new feature to Earth’s atmospheric light show, Iowa Now reports.
Many people are using art to memorialize last year’s derecho, KCRG reports.
A late season frost is possible in eastern Iowa tonight into Saturday morning, CBS2 reports.
Halima Cissé had been expecting to have seven newborns, but ultrasound sessions had failed to spot two of her babies, NPR reports.
The NCAA Division I Field Hockey tournament is down to just four teams, and Iowa is one of the last four standing, The Daily Iowan reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to email@example.com and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.