Keeping you in The Loop
Meet a biomedical science student: Ali Khan
Ali Khan, a cancer biology student in the UI Carver College of Medicine Biomedical Science Program, focuses his research on studying therapeutic approaches to sarcomas, as there are few effective treatments available now.
How to be a helpful guide in the halls
Helping our patients and visitors find their way is one of the easiest means of ensuring their UI Health Care experience is a positive one. Here are a few tips to remember the next time a patient or visitor asks for guidance.
- The UI Health Care Quality Leadership Academy is accepting applications for the 2023–2024 academy year. Applications and program director nomination forms are due on Friday, July 14.
- Patients should use UI QuickCare or UI Urgent Care clinics when applicable and save the emergency room for those with life-threatening conditions.
Kognito is an online, interactive role-play simulation program for faculty, staff, and students that builds awareness, knowledge, and skills about mental health and suicide prevention.
Total inpatients: 824
Total outpatient visits: 3,626
Visit COVID-19 by the numbers for more info
Research volunteers invited
- Sleepy babies 6 months old or younger are invited to participate in a study measuring brain activity and movement during sleep. Compensation provided. Contact email@example.com or 319-400-8540.
Find more research studies at uihc.org/studies.
Events: Join us
- UI Health Care Clinical Care Team Hiring Event: 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday, March 28, and noon to 7 p.m. Wednesday, March 29.
- Pediatric Fundamental Critical Care Support course: Thursday, May 11, and Friday, May 12, in the Center for Procedural Skills and Simulation Lab.
Outside UI Health Care
A wonderful Friday, next system arrives early Saturday morning
Today stays nice and quiet with high temperatures in the 50s, but the next system arrives tomorrow with some snow possible in the morning, KCRG reports.
New Starbucks CEO plans to pull barista shifts in stores every month
Laxman Narasimhan—who joined Starbucks as interim CEO in October—recently earned a barista certification, which requires 40 hours of training in stores, CNN reports.
The northern lights could dazzle the skies from Washington to New York
Skies across the northernmost U.S. states could be graced with stunning displays of the northern lights tonight, Business Insider reports.
JerQuavia Henderson named Women’s Collegiate Gymnastics Association second-team All-American on floor
JerQuavia Henderson becomes the third Hawkeye to earn three All-American distinctions, Hawkeye Sports reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to firstname.lastname@example.org and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.