Keeping your work spaces free from clutter is an important way to maintain a clean and safe environment. Want more cleaning tips? Check out our disinfection guide.
Today's COVID-19 Updates
New: Field House Parking Lot closed July 18, Hospital Parking Ramp 2 Hawkins entrance closed July 20-30
C-19 adult inpatients: 13 yesterday, 296 to date
C-19 pediatric inpatients: 0 yesterday, 14 to date
% positive C-19 tests: 11% yesterday, 13% to date
Employees tested positive (self-reported): 1 yesterday, 241 to date
Telehealth screenings: 368 yesterday, 25,087 to date
Keeping you in The Loop
Nursing leadership led a large-scale effort where nurses took online courses, attended simulation labs, and trained on different units to prepare for a possible COVID-19 patient surge.
To help everyone adjust to a new normal, we’ve broken down five common mistakes made when wearing a mask, and how to correctly wear a mask as well.
COVID-19 announcements and reminders
- Please eat in designated break rooms or cafeterias. Keeping food out of clinical work spaces is one way to keep our campus clean and safe.
- Reminder: Our patients look to us as models of good social distancing. Remember, social distancing means six feet apart, whenever possible.
Social shout out
“BRAVO @uihealthcare for keeping the health care workers as safe as you can!”
–@uihealthcare Facebook comment #UIHCStrong
We Stand Together
Stay safe while in the community by choosing low-risk activities, and make sure to mask (or shield) up. Common activities are broken down in the graphic below (click to enlarge).
Other news and updates
- Reminder: Staff for drop-off and pick-up location
- Food & Nutrition Services provides local outside restaurants’ food to sell in our cafes. Check out today’s community partnership meal.
- Evening and weekend well-child appointments are available with Family Medicine providers this summer to help you get back-to-school checkups, immunizations, and clearance for sports crossed off your to-do list.
- A group of UI medical students has started an online art journal, “The Appendix,” featuring artwork from current medical and PA students. Submissions can be sent to email@example.com.
Research volunteers invited
Find more research studies at uihc.org/studies.
- Individuals ages 18 to 80 are invited to participate in a research study that investigates assistive device use and changes in speed. For more information, email NMBL@uiowa.edu or call 319-353-5342.
Outside UI Health Care
Montse Fuentes, the University of Iowa executive vice president and provost, has elected to pursue a new opportunity at the university, Iowa Now reports.
Stores around the U.S. are struggling with an unexpected shortage. They are asking shoppers to pay with a card or produce exact change when possible, NPR reports.
The launch of the James Webb Space Telescope, the long-awaited—and long-delayed—successor to the Hubble Space Telescope, has been pushed back another seven months, NASA said citing, in part, delays from the COVID-19 pandemic, NPR reports.
The NCAA’s third set of guidelines are expected to be followed by Power Five teams returning to competition, The Daily Iowan reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to firstname.lastname@example.org and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.