We are caring for 755 inpatients and have 2,769 outpatient visits today.
High: 92 Low: 72 Mostly sunny
High: 86 Low: 70 Chance storms
Broadcasts: Need to know
Hospital Parking Ramp 3 closure this weekend
Hospital Parking Ramp 3 will be closed for maintenance from 6 p.m. today to 3 a.m. Monday, July 16. Vehicles will not be permitted to enter Hospital Parking Ramp 3 after 4 p.m. today. Vehicles not removed by 6 p.m. today will be towed. Questions? Contact UI Parking and Transportation at email@example.com or 319-335-1475.
News: In The Loop
Sometimes, even mischief is good therapy. Encouraged by several nurses, a 7-year-old boy who is recovering from severe burns to his hands recently “TP’d” the offices of our occupational and physical therapists as a method of rehabilitation.
Bing-Hua Jiang, PhD, and Jian Zhang, MD, inaugural appointees to Department of Pathology’s endowed chairs in cancer and immunology research, have brought in seven new R01 grant awards to the UI.
Events: Join us
- Get your benefits questions answered: 7 to 11 p.m. tomorrow, Marketplace Dining Room (Elevator C, Level 1)
- Communication and Professionalism Workshop: 2 to 3:30 p.m. Thursday, July 19, 4999 JPP (Elevator I, Level 4)
- Department of Nursing open forum: 7:30 to 8:30 a.m. Friday, July 20, Ziffren Conference Room (Elevator H, Level 1)
- Kudos to the units and job roles that achieved 100 percent hand hygiene over the past week: 3BT, 4JPP, 6JPP, chaplain, child life, housekeeping, medical student, nursing unit clerk, pharmacy, social work, and volunteer.
- At least 1 in 4 women and 1 in 7 men will experience domestic violence during their lifetime. Get help: Contact the team’s social worker, call 319-356-2207, or the Domestic Violence Hotline (24/7) at 800-799-SAFE.
Research volunteers invited
Find more research studies at uihc.org/studies.
- Children in sixth or seventh grade with normal speech and hearing development are invited to a math-learning research study. Compensation. Contact 319-353-2987 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit bit.ly/2qtYHg8 to participate.
Outside UI Health Care
Johnson County hopes to expand and improve its mental health services by taking another step toward opening its first Behavioral Health Urgent Care Center, The Daily Iowan reports.
Iowa health officials are investigating an increase in people becoming sick from the parasite Cyclospora, saying it appears to be connected to salads from McDonald’s, KCRG reports.
RAGBRAI will be re-routed around Ledges State Park due to flooding of the Des Moines River and high lake levels at Saylorville Reservoir, the Iowa Department of Natural Resources reports.
Build-A-Bear’s “Pay Your Age” sale drew such large crowds, with mile-long lines and waits of five to seven hours, that the stuff-your-own-bear company had to stuff the sale, The Washington Post reports.
Sandra Oh scored an Emmy nomination for best actress in a drama, making her the first woman of Asian descent to receive a nod in that category, CNN reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to email@example.com and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.