We are caring for 794 inpatients and have 3,667 outpatient visits today.
Broadcasts: Need to know
A two-hour Epic downtime will occur beginning at 1 a.m. tomorrow morning to upgrade to the newest version of Epic. Epic will be read-only during this time. Please enact planned downtime procedures. Find resources, a link to practice the new version, and downtime procedures on the Epic upgrade site.
Keeping you in The Loop
When we launched this year’s employee and volunteer flu vaccination campaign, we invited you to join in the fight against the flu. Now the results are in.
Pursuing a degree in molecular medicine, Mackenzie Spicer found herself surprised at the close UI community.
Events: Join us
- Community Engagement Lecture: Engaging Students in Communities to Research Health Habits, noon to 1 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 10, C44-A GH (Elevator BW, Level 4)
- Fountain Lobby blood drive: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday, Dec. 27, Fountain Lobby (Elevator C, Level 1)
- National Evidence-Based Practice Conference: April 15 and 16, Marriott Hotel and Conference Center, Coralville
- Looking for the Poinsettia Tree? Due to upcoming improvements to our Main Entrance, this year you can find a smaller version in the Pomerantz Family Pavilion. It plans to be back for holiday cheer in our refurbished lobby in 2020!
- The Fountain Entrance circle drive will be closed from today at 6:30 p.m. until noon tomorrow with a crane set up to move materials and equipment up to the roof. Other nearby hospital roadways will remain open.
- An upgrade to the pneumatic tube system will require an entire tube system shutdown on the main campus which will begin at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 10. The shutdown should last approximately eight hours.
- Learn more about patient parking updates, including an FAQs about the free Patient Parking Passes and the Visitor Parking Pass Booklets.
- At least one in four women and one in seven men will experience domestic violence during their lifetime. Get help: Contact the team’s social worker at 319-356-2207 or the Domestic Violence Hotline (24/7) at 800-799-SAFE.
Research volunteers invited
Find more research studies at uihc.org/studies.
- U.S. citizens invited for research study: online morality survey followed by magnetic resonance brain scanning. Up to an hour in the scanner and 30 minutes outside. Compensation available. For screening, contact Leia Belt at email@example.com.
Outside UI Health Care
Laura McLeran’s appointment as interim student life VP comes as the UI adjusts the timeline to search for a permanent replacement, The Daily Iowan reports.
Several business owners on the south side of Iowa City say they have problems with minors loitering and stealing from their stores, KCRG reports.
A shooting at Naval Air Station Pensacola in Florida has left two dead and several others wounded, CNN reports.
Amid rising anti-Semitism in Germany, Merkel’s visit to Poland today is seen as an important gesture in the fight against it, CNN reports.
A robot equipped with emotion-sensing voice detectors is on its way to the International Space Station following its launch from Florida, Reuters reports.
The 2020 Australian Open will be Wozniacki’s final tournament, ESPN reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to firstname.lastname@example.org and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.