We are caring for 807 inpatients and have 3,544 outpatient visits today.
Broadcasts: Need to know
The clinic will combine preoperative services of the Anesthesia Presurgical Evaluation Clinic and the Internal Medicine Surgical Co-Management Clinic, reducing duplication of patient and provider time and documentation, and providing patient-centered preoperative care.
- The new Patient Parking Passes for free parking are only for patients (or the person who is driving them home); the passes should not be given to visitors.
- The pass should be printed at the unit or clinic, the same way the vouchers used to be printed—not at Guest Services.
- The only parking discount for patients’ visitors is the Visitor Parking Pass Booklet, five passes for $30 at Guest Services.
Keeping you in The Loop
Morgan Kofoid has landed not one but two great gigs after her December graduation from the UI College of Nursing: one in a UI Hospitals & Clinics intensive care unit and one in the limelight.
The first candidate is Susan Furth, MD, PhD, who will present “Lessons Learned From the Chronic Kidney Disease in Children Cohort Study,” from noon to 1 p.m. on Monday, Dec. 16, in the Pediatric Conference Center, 2415 JCP (Elevator F, Level 2).
E. Dale Abel, MD, PhD, will be awarded a four-year, $3.8 million dollar grant from the American Heart Association (AHA) to investigate mechanisms that increase the risk of cardiovascular disease in people with Type 2 diabetes
Events: Join us
- Mount Vernon Concert Choir: noon to 1 p.m. Monday, Dec. 16, Colloton Pavilion Atrium (Elevator F, Level 1)
- Chief Growth Officer Timothy Kan welcome reception: 3:30 to 5 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 18, East Room (Elevator F, Level 8)
- First Steps Advance Care Planning Facilitator Certification by Honoring Your Wishes: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 12, Hills Bank and Trust, 1401 S. Gilbert St., Iowa City
- In preparation for new flooring, a series of sound tests will occur at 1 p.m. tomorrow in the Fountain Lobby (Elevator C, Level 1), in the Elevator D Lobby (Level 1), and in the Main Lobby corridor in front of Wild Rose Gifts. The tests will consist of recording a balloon pop under quiet conditions.
- Be a part of a wonderful tradition and share the joy of the season by adopting an angel and donating a gift for our patients. The Angel Tree will be in front of the Volunteer Services Office (Elevator F, Level 8) until Dec. 16. Sponsored by the UI Hospitals & Clinics Holiday Committee.
- Apply now for the Iowa Family Leadership Training Institute, a special leadership opportunity for parents of children ages 3 to 19 with special health care needs. Learn more at chsciowa.org/iflti or contact email@example.com.
Research volunteers invited
Find more research studies at uihc.org/studies.
- Adults age 50 and older are invited to sign up for the Seniors Together in Aging Research (STAR) Registry, a voluntary registry that connects individuals interested in participating in research studies. Participation is voluntary. Compensation for some studies. Questions? Call 319-335-7569, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit icts.uiowa.edu/star.
Outside UI Health Care
Community members questioned leaders managing the UI’s recently approved utility system public-private partnership at an open forum last night, The Daily Iowan reports.
Iowa City resident Joseph White, 75, won the Lucky for Life lottery game, claiming his $25,000 per year for life prize yesterday, KWWL reports.
A children’s holiday concert in Brooklyn, Iowa, turned into a touching way to honor Mollie Tibbetts, KCCI reports.
The FCC is moving ahead with plans to designate a three-digit number to reach the National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 988, CNN reports.
Conservative Party leader Boris Johnson won a sweeping victory, handing him a clear mandate to “get Brexit done,” the BBC reports.
The Hawkeye men’s basketball team defeated the Cyclones 84-68 last night, securing their first win in Ames since 2001, The Daily Iowan reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to email@example.com and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.