Keeping you in The Loop
The Patient Access Center (PAC) mainly functions as the first stop for patients wanting to schedule a primary care appointment or specialty visit. Over the last two months, they’ve also helped answer questions and schedule COVID-19 patient vaccinations.
Suresh Gunasekaran, MBA, chief executive officer, and Mike Brownlee, PharmD, chief pharmacy officer, provided details on COVID-19 vaccination, plans to welcome all employees back to the workplace this summer, and answered employee questions during yesterday’s forum.
Patients in University of Iowa Stead Family Children’s Hospital have been isolated in the hospital since the COVID-19 pandemic began. Child Life makes sure those children can still have a life inside the hospital, reports The Daily Iowan.
Peggy Nopoulos, MD, professor of psychiatry, pediatrics, and neurology, and chair and departmental executive officer in the Department of Psychiatry, was recently awarded the May Brodbeck Distinguished Achievement Award for Faculty, reports Iowa Now.
- The Loop will be unavailable from 5 to 6:30 p.m. tonight for system upgrades.
- Beginning Monday, April 12, the Discharge Lounge will be moving back to the Marketplace (Elevators C and D, Level 1).
- The UI Health Care Executive Leadership Academy is now accepting applications for the 2021–22 academy year. Applications are due April 30, 2021.
- Physicians may refer their patients to the Behavioral Oncology Clinic, which provides support to patients with cancer, as well as their caregivers.
You’re required to complete an “Annual Disclosure of Outside Professional Activities and Interests” by April 30, even if you have nothing to disclose.
We Stand Together
In this video honoring Asian Pacific Heritage Month, University of Iowa students, faculty, and staff talk about what their heritage means to them and how they’ve found community on our campus.
By the numbers
Total inpatients: 793 today
Total outpatient visits: 3,308 today
C-19 adult inpatients: 13 yesterday, 465 to date
C-19 pediatric inpatients: 1 yesterday, 33 to date
% positive symptomatic C-19 test results**: 8% yesterday, 14% to date
Telehealth screenings***: 183 yesterday, 18,704 to date
Employees tested positive (self-reported)*: 1 yesterday, 1,625 to date
Employees who have received the first COVID-19 vaccine dose: 318 yesterday, 14,170 to date
Employees who have received both the first and second/final COVID-19 vaccine doses: 13 yesterday, 12,792 to date
Research volunteers invited
- Cigarette smokers aged 55-80 are invited to participate in a study about when they do/do not smoke. Quitting not required. Compensation provided. Contact email@example.com or 319-214-3980.
Find more research studies at uihc.org/studies.
Events: Join us
- liveWELL training: The four pillars of retirement planning: Every Tuesday from April 13 to May 4, via Zoom.
- UI Hospitals & Clinics Lean Improvement Model for Health Care training: June 17 and 18, register to attend now. Additional dates available.
Outside UI Health Care
Emmy- and Golden Globe-winning writer, actor, director, and producer Dan Levy will give a guest lecture for Iowa State University, the University of Iowa, and the University of Northern Iowa at 9 p.m. tonight, reports KCRG.
The project was originally slated to be completed in 2023, but Department of Transportation officials say they were delayed by the pandemic, KWWL reports.
Prince Philip, Queen Elizabeth II’s husband and the Duke of Edinburgh, died this morning at age 99, NPR reports.
The city, named “The Rise of Aten,” was discovered under the sand on the western bank of Luxor, CNN reports.
The Iowa soccer team defeated the Illinois Fighting Illini 2-1 in the first round of the Big Ten Regional Weekend, The Daily Iowan reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to firstname.lastname@example.org and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.