Keeping you in The Loop
From a pediatric oncologist to the Show of Support team to ChloraPrep applicators, here’s a look at the top performing stories from April.
When Jackie Schott gave birth to her son, Sully, at just 27 weeks’ gestation, she knew he would require increased medical attention due to his prematurity.
Stanley Perlman, MD, PhD, and Jeffrey Murray, MD, are among six UI faculty members honored by the Board of Regents, State of Iowa, for their exceptional contributions and sustained record of excellence.
- Weekend faculty and staff arriving for work after 6 p.m. today should avoid Parking Lot 43—if possible—and instead park in the Hospital Parking Ramps, due to expected heavy traffic around Kinnick Stadium.
- The Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center announces a research award to support a project related to thyroid cancer.
- Need help recruiting? Check out UI Health Care’s new recruitment website.
Received your COVID-19 vaccination elsewhere? Make sure you record it in ReadySet.
We Stand Together
UI Health Care is collaborating with a coalition of 60 of America’s top hospitals and health care institutions on a nationwide campaign to encourage adults to get vaccinated against COVID-19.
“We want to make sure everyone has the facts they need to feel comfortable getting vaccinated, and this campaign will help us get the word out,” says Mike Brownlee, PharmD, MS, chief pharmacy officer.
By the numbers
Total inpatients: 805 today
Total outpatient visits: 3,126 today
C-19 adult inpatients: 15 yesterday, 531 to date
C-19 pediatric inpatients: 0 yesterday, 39 to date
% positive symptomatic C-19 test results**: 11% yesterday, 14% to date
Telehealth screenings***: 109 yesterday, 21,737 to date
Employees tested positive (self-reported)*: 0 yesterday, 1,646 to date
Employees who have received the first COVID-19 vaccine dose: 8 yesterday, 15,326 to date
Employees who have received both the first and second/final COVID-19 vaccine doses: 187 yesterday, 13,697 to date
Research volunteers invited
- Research study seeks UI Hospitals & Clinics health care workers ages 18 to 100 years old with or without COVID-19 exposure. The purpose of the study is to determine if COVID-19 proteins (antibodies) are protective against repeat infection. For more information, contact email@example.com.
Find more research studies at uihc.org/studies.
Events: Join us
- Registration is open for the Culturally Responsive Health Care in Iowa Conference from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. on June 3.
Outside UI Health Care
The University of Iowa was recently awarded a level II accreditation by the ArbNet Arboretum Accreditation Program, Iowa Now reports.
Drivers could pick up a food box in the front of the parking lot, and then take a quick turn around the corner for a COVID-19 vaccine, KCRG reports.
The iceberg that was for a time the biggest in the world is no more, BBC reports.
The 54-hole tournament begins today at Crooked Stick Golf Club in Carmel, Indiana, The Daily Iowan reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to firstname.lastname@example.org and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.