You can improve your health and well-being through safe exercise.
Keeping you in The Loop
Using a mouse model of a human disease that causes intellectual disability, researchers at the UI Carver College of Medicine found that lithium therapy may have potential for treating learning and memory problems.
The Hawkeye community’s feedback is essential to choosing the University of Iowa’s next president. Feedback on all candidates will be accepted until 5 p.m. on Monday, April 26.
The scientific journey of E. Dale Abel, MD, PhD, has taken him from the West Indies to Oxford to Harvard to Iowa, where he leads diabetes research efforts. One constant in his career has been quality mentorship, and he aims to pay it forward.
- The main corridor on Level 7 of the Roy Carver Pavilion between Elevator D and Elevator E will be inaccessible from 6 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. tomorrow.
- Want to participate on the UI Health Care Corridor Corporate Games team? Here’s how to start.
“Absolutely love being part of the amazing team that gets to change people’s lives!”
–@uihealthcare Instagram comment #UIHCStrong
We Stand Together
In this video, we celebrate National Volunteer Week. Though many volunteers have not been on-site due to the pandemic, we have missed their smiling faces, giving hearts, and helping hands.
By the numbers
Total inpatients: 797 today
Total outpatient visits: 3,300 today
C-19 adult inpatients: 19 yesterday, 510 to date
C-19 pediatric inpatients: 1 yesterday, 37 to date
% positive symptomatic C-19 test results**: 9% yesterday, 14% to date
Telehealth screenings***: 162 yesterday, 20,869 to date
Employees tested positive (self-reported)*: 0 yesterday, 1,638 to date
Employees who have received the first COVID-19 vaccine dose: 39 yesterday, 15,311 to date
Employees who have received both the first and second/final COVID-19 vaccine doses: 43 yesterday, 12,959 to date
Research volunteers invited
- Volunteers between the ages of 25 and 45 who have been diagnosed with severe asthma are invited to participate in a Department of Radiology research study. Call Taylor Haynes at 319-356-1785 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to see if you are eligible.
Find more research studies at uihc.org/studies.
Events: Join us
- Virtual information session on the COVID-19 vaccines (en Español): 10 a.m. tomorrow, featuring Alejandro Comellas, MD.
- Join the 2021 Johnson County Heart Walk: 8 to 11 a.m. on Saturday, May 1.
- Virtual Meet the Midwives webinar: 6:30 to 8 p.m. on Monday, May 10.
Outside UI Health Care
The Iowa City Community School District (ICCSD) has changed their quarantine practices to line up with Iowa Department of Health recommendations to maintain balance between student health and success in education, The Daily Iowan reports.
Starting this weekend, temperatures begin to trend a bit more towards normal in the mid to upper 50s, CBS2 reports.
California’s COVID-19 case rate is now the lowest in the continental U.S., ABC News reports.
A SpaceX rocket lifted off from Florida early this morning on what is becoming a routine mission, carrying four astronauts to the International Space Station, NPR reports.
The measures will go into effect from April 25 to May 11, raising questions about Japan’s ability to host the Olympics, Reuters reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to email@example.com and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.