We are caring for 743 inpatients and have 3,374 outpatient visits today.
High: 46 Low: 30 Mostly cloudy
High: 52 Low: 34 Mostly sunny
Events: Join us
- Doc Dash 5K: 9 a.m. tomorrow, MERF, with proceeds going to the Iowa City Free Medical Clinic and the UI Mobile Clinic
- Medical assistant job fair: 9 a.m. to noon tomorrow, UI Health Care–Iowa River Landing, Level 5
- Visiting Scholar Lecture: Susan Dorsey, PhD, noon to 1 p.m. Monday, April 15, Melrose Conference Rooms 1 and 2 (Elevator L, Level 5); 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. Monday, April 15, 431 College of Nursing Building; and 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, April 16, 020 College of Nursing Building
- Hardin Open Workshop: Databases for Gene and Protein Information, 3 p.m. Monday, April 15, Hardin Library East Information Commons
- Ethics Rounds: Goals of Care and the Moral Dynamic of Shared Decision Making, noon to 1 p.m. Wednesday, April 17, Melrose Conference Rooms 1 and 2 (Elevator M, Level 5)
News: In The Loop
The new Central Sterilizing Services (CSS) facility isn’t scheduled to open until spring of 2020 on the Oakdale campus in Coralville, but many multidisciplinary teams are already working to refine processes and enhance workflows.
Arman Hlas, an undergraduate student, mentor, and College Student Leader Board member, has contributed over 500 hours at UI Hospitals & Clinics, mostly in the Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit. “The simple act of talking with patients and putting a smile on their face will become the highlight of your week!” he says.
QuIP, HCAHPS, CAUTI, and RCA—what do all these mean? If you have trouble keeping all of the quality and safety acronyms straight, we have the guide for you.
- Use the Blind Spots Reporting System to report any staff or faculty concerns or issues that need to be directed to hospital leadership (not for patient information). Find the link on The Point, Incident Reporting page. Download a new flyer to post in your work areas.
- Lactation rooms are scattered throughout UI Health Care buildings, and they provide spaces for lactating employees, volunteers, patients, and visitors to express breastmilk. See a full list of campus lactation rooms open to UI employees and volunteers.
Research volunteers invited
Find more research studies at uihc.org/studies.
- Older adults with chronic musculoskeletal pain are invited to participate in a study about virtual reality. Compensation. Contact Lynn Nakad at firstname.lastname@example.org or 262-994-4016.
Outside UI Health Care
A successful stint at 20th Century Fox was set into motion for Isaiah Scales when he was a UI student—by a fellow Hawkeye, Iowa Now reports.
In honor of National Prosthodontics Awareness Week, the Department of Prosthodontics within the UI College of Dentistry has gifted six veterans with free dentures, The Daily Iowan reports.
Gusts in some parts of the state surpassed 60 miles per hour, KCRG reports.
Uber and Lyft may look the same, but their visions are not, CNN reports.
Heading into its second road series of the Big Ten season, Iowa baseball needs solid production in its pitching, The Daily Iowan reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to email@example.com and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.