Volunteer Services at UI Hospitals & Clinics recently welcomed five new volunteers into the 1,000 Hour Club and recognized one volunteer for her 5,000 hour milestone! Those honored were:
- Chris Samuelson is a retired high school guidance counselor. He joined the volunteer team in 2015 with Concierge Services and has been there ever since.
- Monica Ahrens is a Biostatistics PhD student at Iowa. She started volunteering in the Patients’ Library in 2012 and in the VSO in 2013. She now volunteers as our VSO receptionist and at the Rooftop Cafe.
- Diane Crossett is an Administrative Coordinator for the College of Medicine Administration and has volunteered knitting baby since 2013.
- JoAnn Koskey, a retired Financial Analyst at UIHC, started volunteering with Urology and the Patients’ Library in 2016. She still volunteers with the library and also serves in the Fourth Floor Salon and the VSO.
- Levona LaGrange is an off-site volunteer who reached 5,000 hours of service in just a few short years! Levona has been knitting baby hats since 2017.
- Danielle Busta is currently a nurse in Pediatric Hematology/Oncology/BMT at UIHC. She started volunteering in the VSO when she was in college in 2012 and started making baby hats in 2013.
Thank you for your remarkable contributions!