The re-launch of the search for the chair and departmental executive officer (DEO) of the Stead Family Department of Pediatrics in the University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine has begun.
The pediatrics department chair, who also serves as physician-in-chief of UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital, will lead the research, education, and patient care missions of the department and oversee efforts related to philanthropy, efficiency, and outreach and engagement, among other duties.
Identifying outstanding candidates for the position is critical to the success of the search. Please share news of the search with your colleagues and contacts across the nation who may be interested and qualified for this leadership role. Please forward any nominations to Sasha Alexander at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also encourage interested candidates to apply directly to the UI employment website via requisition #74095.
Janet Fairley, MD, FAAD, professor, chair, and DEO of the Department of Dermatology, and Peter Snyder, MD, associate dean for faculty affairs and professor of internal medicine, are co-chairing the 10-person search committee to fill the position.
Members of the search committee include:
- Ted Abel, PhD, professor and chair, Department of Neuroscience and Pharmacology, and director, Iowa Neuroscience Institute
- Theresa Brennan, MD, chief medical officer, UI Hospitals & Clinics, and professor, Department of Internal Medicine
- Keith Carter, MD, FACS, professor and chair, Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences
- Kanya Ferguson, MD, FAAD, director of diversity, equity, and inclusion, Graduate Medical Education; and clinical associate professor, Department of Dermatology
- Andrea Greiner, MD, MHA, clinical associate professor, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Bradley Haws, MBA, associate vice president and chief financial officer, UI Health Care
- Pamela Johnson-Carlson, DNP, RN, NE-BC, chief administrative officer, UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital, and interim chief nurse executive, UI Hospitals & Clinics
- Peg Nopoulos, MD, professor and chair, Department of Psychiatry
- Heather Reisinger, PhD, associate director for engagement, integration, and implementation science, Institute for Clinical and Translational Science; and associate professor, Department of Internal Medicine
- Jeff Quinlan, MD, FAAFP, professor and chair, Department of Family Medicine
The committee will be assisted in the nationwide search by WittKieffer, an executive search firm that serves health care, education, academic medicine, life sciences, information technology, and not-for-profit sectors.
Eva Tsalikian, MD, professor and division director of pediatric endocrinology and diabetes, has served as the department’s interim chair and DEO since June 2019.