The Pediatric Comprehensive Pain Clinic at University of Iowa Stead Family Children’s Hospital has expanded its availability to see patients (up to age 21) two days a week. Appointments are now available between 7:45 a.m. and 5 p.m. Mondays and Thursdays in the Pediatric Specialty Clinic.
The Pediatric Comprehensive Pain Clinic is the first and only multidisciplinary program designed to help children and young adults through age 21 with chronic pain. The clinic offers a comprehensive, holistic, and individualized approach to patients.
Depending on the patient’s needs, treatments may include pharmacologic, non-pharmacologic, integrative medicine, and/or interventional procedures for the treatment of chronic pain.
Patients are scheduled to meet with the whole team of pediatric pain specialists during a single visit, which typically takes 2.5 to 3 hours. This multidisciplinary visit supports the comprehensive care model and offers more convenience for patients and their families, especially those who must travel significant distances to attend the clinic.
The team includes:
- Anureet Walia, MD, physician and director
- Molly Bauer, ARNP, CPNP, CHPPN, pediatric nurse practitioner
- Krista Kohl, PhD, clinical psychologist
- Jennifer Fitzpatrick, MPT, physical therapist
- Casey Baustian, LMSW, social worker
The clinic can be reached via phone at 319-356-4089, and via fax at 319-356-0849.
To consult this team, place Epic order “Outpatient Consult Pediatrics – Comprehensive Pain Clinic.” For any additional questions about the clinic or types of patients seen, please email Anureet Walia, MD (email@example.com) or Molly Bauer, ARNP (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Getting to the Pediatric Specialty Clinic (PSC)
- Families should park in Parking Ramp 2.
- Take Elevator South in Parking Ramp 2 and push the “G” button.
- Take a left to enter Level 1 (Gerdin Family Lobby) of UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital.
- Just past the information desk are the public elevators. Take them to Level 2.
- Arrive on Level 2. Take a left and cross the short connector bridge.
- The entrance to the PSC will be on your left, immediately after the connector bridge.