To wrap up Nurses Week at UI Hospitals and Clinics, the Department of Nursing Services and Patient Care held a recognition event on Friday, May 10, in the East Room.
2018 Sally Mathis Hartwig scholarship winners
Sally Mathis Hartwig, BSN, served as director of nursing at UI Hospitals and Clinics from 1979 to 1993. The scholarship is awarded annually to nurses employed by UI Hospitals and Clinics who demonstrate excellent clinical skills and leadership potential, and are seeking an advanced degree through the University of Iowa College of Nursing.
- Kristin Foster, MSN, RN, ARNP, PNP, UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital, pediatric oncology
- Marissa Johnson, BSN, RN, UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital, NIC 2
- Lauren Maus, BSN, RN, CCRN, interim assistant nurse manager, CVICU
2018 Nursing Excellence in Clinical Education Awards
This award recognizes a BSN-prepared staff nurse for excellence in learning, educational leadership, advocacy, professional role model, and innovative spirit.
- 2018 staff nurse recipient: Amy Bowman, MSN, RN, CCRN, MICU
- 2018 staff nurse semi-finalist: Ruth Teesdale, BSN, RN, NICU Bay 1
The event also honored the Professional Recognition Program recent recipients, as well as the 2018 100 Great Nurses selections from UI Hospitals and Clinics.