BeardUp in November to raise awareness of men’s health issues and support the UI Department of Urology Men’s Health Program. Win a trophy and brag to your friends!
Here’s how it works:
- Join our BeardUp Facebook event.
- Grow your best beard, mustache, or combination of the two during November.
- Post your best facial hair photos in the Facebook discussion with the tag #BeardUpIowa. Or post your photos to Twitter and tag them with #BeardUpIowa.
The deadline for your final photo is Saturday, Nov. 30, at 5 p.m. But you’re invited to post and tag pictures of your progress any time in November.
If you already have facial hair, don’t worry—we won’t ask you to shave it off. Clean-shaven or fully bearded—start with what you have.
Trophies will be given in the following categories:
- Best beard/mustache. Style it up!
- Best group. Get a team and grow hairy!
- Best baby face. Not everyone can do it well, so get recognized for peach fuzz!
- Most original. Get funky and see what you can do!
- Best fake beard. Can’t grow a beard? Show your support with props, filters, etc.
Members of the UI Department of Urology Men’s Health Program will judge. Winning photos will be posted on Facebook in early December. By submitting a photo, you are agreeing to allow us to use the photo to promote men’s health events in the future.
If you’d like to support men’s health awareness, consider donating to a new fund at the UI Center for Advancement by visiting givetoiowa.org/urology. Funds will be used to develop men’s health programming here at UI Hospitals & Clinics. Donations are not required to participate in BeardUp.
Questions? Email email@example.com.