Mission: Unlike clinical rounds, Schwartz Center Rounds are a multidisciplinary forum where caregivers discuss difficult emotional and social issues that arise in caring for patients.
Noon to 1 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 5, in the East Room (Elevator D/F, Level 8)
“Navigating the Highs and Lows When Someone in Your Family Has Diabetes”
Presenters: Lindsay Blaha, RN, BSN, CPN, nurse clinician specialist, Continuity of Care Program; Megan Caballero, LISW, NSW-C, social work specialist 1; Katy Reiling, MA, CMA, AAMA, Pediatric Specialty Clinic, Pediatric Urology
Facilitator: Lisa Gerard, RN, pediatric urology specialty nurse
Audience: Department faculty, fellows, residents, medical students, other health science students, nurses, and allied health personnel.
- Identify challenges of adjusting to new diagnosis of a chronic illness.
- Describe ways to integrate treatment into everyday life and maintain quality while living with a chronic illness.
Lunch provided to the first 100 attendees. You must present your UI Health Care badge to attend.
*Nursing attendees: Please bring your Iowa Nursing license number*
- Available for nurses, social workers, and rehabilitation therapists
- Nursing credit: 1.0 contact hours will be granted by University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics Department of Nursing, (IBN Approved Provider #34)
- Participants must attend each session in its entirety to receive full credit
- Questions about nursing credits? Call Nursing Clinical Education Center at 319-356-1238
- The University of Iowa Roy J. and Lucille A. Carver College of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians
CME Credit Designation
- The University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity
Sponsored by Supportive and Palliative Care and Carver College of Medicine.
Contact: Suzanne Gurnett Streitz, 319-467-5426, firstname.lastname@example.org.