UI Health Care is excited to partner with the American Academy on Communication in Healthcare (AACH) in presenting a three-part speaker series. All UI physicians are invited to join us for any or all of these insightful and informational programs.
These talks are especially valuable for physician leaders, though all providers are welcome. As the time for each event draws closer, Outlook calendar invitations will be sent to all physician value officers (PVOs), medical directors, and department chairs.
The Industry Imperative for Physicians as Leaders of Experience
When: 6 to 8 p.m., Monday, Aug. 21
Where: East Room (Elevator F, Level 8)
Speaker: Denise Davis, MD, FAACH, clinical professor of medicine at the University of California San Francisco
- How organizations have fostered improvement by engaging physician partners
- Best practices in physician communication and how these practices can be leveraged for optimal patient outcomes
- What physician leaders can do to enhance engagement in patient experience initiatives
And mark your calendars for:
Provider Resiliency and How Physician Leaders and Organizations Can Enhance It
When: 6 to 8 p.m., Wednesday, Sept. 20
Where: East Room (Elevator D, Level 8)
Speaker: Barbara Reilly, PhD, Press Ganey Senior Vice President: Employee, Nurse and Physician Engagement
- Physician burnout, including root causes, indicators, and leading industry practices to treat and support it
- Approaches that UI Hospitals and Clinics can implement to strengthen provider culture
Patient Experience and Patient Safety: A Discussion on How Integrated these Priorities Really Are
When: 6 to 8 p.m., Wednesday, Oct. 18
Where: East Room (Elevators D and F, Level 8)
Speaker: Gary R Yates, MD, former senior vice president and chief medical officer for Sentara Healthcare
- How patient experience performance is highly related to safety and quality outcomes
- High-reliability organizations and how provider communication directly impacts organization safety efforts
- The importance of non-technical skills in driving a culture of safety
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.