Friday, March 31, 2023
Commuting to work? Consider using the employee van pool program.
Severe weather expected today: Resources for faculty and staff
Keeping you in The Loop
Clinical technician explains how a pandemic-prompted career change led to a home within the Digestive Health Procedure Suite
A licensed massage therapist, front desk clerk, independent birth doula, and Brazilian yoga instructor may not seem like jobs with all that much in common. But for Shelly Smith, they were all steps in her career journey.
In case you missed it: Pediatric patients deliver surprise message to Hawkeyes’ Caitlin Clark
Iowa women’s basketball junior guard Caitlin Clark frequently visits patients at UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital. So, it was only appropriate that they help with a huge surprise for the basketball star.
- UI Health Care is preparing for a site visit to renew our Magnet designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
- The two northbound lanes of Hawkins Drive immediately north of the Melrose Avenue intersection will be closed from approximately 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. tomorrow.
- Traffic lanes on For The Kids Way will experience temporary closures from Monday, April 3, until Friday, April 7.
“Thank you for all you do!! You don’t hear it enough, but my friends, family, and I all talk about how much you do and how much it means to us! Thank you!!!”
–@uihealthcare Facebook comment #UIHCStrong
In the spotlight
UI Health Care’s colorectal surgical team includes the only fellowship-trained colorectal surgeons in the region. They have extensive experience in minimally invasive approaches to complex disorders in addition to skills in traditional surgery.
Today’s inpatients: 817
Today’s outpatient visits: 3,323
Visit COVID-19 by the numbers for more info
Events: Join us
- liveWELL: ‘What is resilience and how to build it,’ 12:10 to 12:50 p.m. Tuesday, April 4, via Zoom.
- Open House: Short Stay Unit, 2 to 4 p.m. Thursday, April 6, in the John Colloton Pavilion (Elevator F, Lower Level).
- Discover Your University: Thursday, April 13. Register for an opportunity to learn more about the University of Iowa.
Outside UI Health Care
Severe weather develops this afternoon
The Storm Prediction Center has highlighted eastern Iowa as an area that could experience severe weather later today, KCRG reports.
52 years after capture, orca Lolita may return to Pacific
Plans are in place to return the Miami Seaquarium star to her home waters in the Pacific Northwest, where a nearly century-old, endangered killer whale believed to be her mother still swims, the Associated Press reports.
Plants aren’t silent. They make clicking sounds, a study finds
What in carnation? A new study finds that plants may make noise when they’re thirsty or under stress, CNN reports.
Women’s Final Four picks: Can Iowa stop South Carolina?
South Carolina has been ranked first in the nation all season, is the defending champion, and has an undefeated 36–0 record entering today’s women’s Final Four matchup with Iowa, whose roster includes AP Player of the Year Caitlin Clark, ESPN reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to email@example.com and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.