We are caring for 785 inpatients and have 3,561 outpatient visits today.
High: 34 Low: 19 Chance snow
High: 51 Low: 39 Sunny
Broadcasts: Need to know
The U.S. News rankings influence our national reputation, recruitment, and philanthropy. Check your email or your mail box to see if you’ve been selected to participate.
News: In The Loop
Resident and fellow physicians serve as integral members of our health care teams. Mark Wilson, MD, MPH, associate dean for graduate medical education, shares his thoughts on the role of our residents within UI Health Care.
Join Brooks Jackson, MD, MBA, from 5 to 6 p.m. on Monday, March 2, in the East Room (Elevator D/F, Level 8) for this quarterly short-talk seminar featuring presentations by our own investigators.
Academic medicine is but one of the fulfilling options available to medical students. What’s that lifestyle like? That’s the subject of this week’s episode of The Short Coat Podcast.
A group of physicians at UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital practiced a heart procedure on a 3D-printed custom replica of a girl’s heart before operating on the girl herself, The Des Moines Register reports.
*Subscription service, limited access
Events: Join us
- Girl Scout Cookies sale: 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. Monday, March 2, Fountain Lobby (Elevator C, Level 1)
- Emotional intelligence training: 9 to 10:30 a.m. Thursday, March 12, 4999 JPP (Elevator I, Level 4)
- Lean Improvement Model for Health Care Training: two-day sessions in May, June, September, and November. This highly interactive course teaches and simulates Lean concepts for problem-solving and initiating improvements.
- Read a meeting summary of the most recent UI Staff Council meeting, held on Feb. 12.
- UI Health Care hired more than 3,000 new employees in 2019. A great way to save your department time during the recruitment process is to use SkillSurvey for your reference check needs.
- Don’t forget UI EAP is here for you and your family members, too. Learn strategies to practice during stressful times. Free, confidential counseling available at four locations. Contact 319-335-2085 or email@example.com.
Research volunteers invited
Find more research studies at uihc.org/studies.
- Individuals ages 18 and older are invited to participate in a research study using ocular blood flow imaging techniques. Participation will include a two-hour visit for most participants. Compensation. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 319-356-8299 if interested.
Outside UI Health Care
A 250% increase of English-language learners (ESL) in Iowa over the past 20 years is creating a need for more ESL teachers and programs, The Daily Iowan reports.
Visitors in Des Moines could notice something different the next time they step into Principal Park, KRCG reports.
Streaming concerts to virtual reality headsets allows fans to enjoy the virtual spectacle from the comfort of their homes, CNN reports.
There are steps you can take to protect yourself and your family, NPR reports.
The No. 10 Hawkeyes host the No. 6 Fighting Illini this weekend at Carver-Hawkeye Arena, The Daily Iowan reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to email@example.com and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.