We are caring for 746 inpatients and have 4,131 outpatient visits today.
High: 84 Low: 64 Sunny
High: 84 Low: 69 Mostly sunny
Broadcasts: Need to know
Take our Culture of Patient Safety survey by this Friday. It’s only 13 questions, and answers are kept confidential. Thank you for your valuable input!
News: In The Loop
Alexandra Petrucci, a UI neuroscience graduate student, has received a predoctoral research fellowship award from the American Epilepsy Society.
KCRG-TV9 recently featured the Anal Dysplasia Clinic run by Nicole Nisly, MD, and Judith Assouline-Dayan, MD, at UI Health Care–Iowa River Landing. It is the only anal cancer screening facility in the state and one of two in the Midwest.
Events: Join us
- Midweek Meditations: Mindfulness Meditation, 12:10 to 12:50 p.m. tomorrow, Meditation Room (Level 12) at UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital
- International Environmental Lung Disease Symposium: Friday, July 12, and Saturday, July 13, 2117 MERF
- Sepsis State of the Art Conference: Nov. 7 and 8, Radisson Hotel and Conference Center. Early registration deadline is Oct. 20.
- Use the Blind Spots Reporting System to report any staff or faculty concerns or issues that need to be directed to hospital leadership (not for patient information). Find the link on The Point, Incident Reporting page. Download a new flyer to post in your work areas.
- Safetygram: Oxygen cylinder storage and securement. Reminder to always: secure cylinders in a rack, cart, or other enclosure to protect them; turn the flow meter “OFF” when done; and take any unattended cylinder to the nearest unit, clinic, or Main Information Desk. Units/clinics should contact Processed Stores (319-356-1784) to retrieve them.
- Submit non-urgent work requests to Engineering Services, Environmental Services, and Guest Services through the 159 Support Services Center.
- Remind patients and visitors about our Lost and Found at the Main Entrance Information Desk (Elevator E, Level 1), and remember to check for dentures, hearing aids, phone chargers, etc., as they leave. Call the Information Desk at 319-384-8591.
Research volunteers invited
Find more research studies at uihc.org/studies.
Women who have delivered a baby in the past three years are invited to participate in a study investigating preeclampsia and future hypertension. Compensation. More information at bit.ly/2X2pzlm.
Outside UI Health Care
With a recent increase in the number of public murals, paint has found a new canvas on the buildings of Iowa City, The Daily Iowan reports.
Amazon’s Prime Day will return for the fifth time next month, and this year the discount holiday will run for two entire days beginning at midnight on Monday, July 15, CNN reports.
The International Olympic Committee voted, and the 2026 Winter Olympics and Paralympics will be held in Milan and Cortina d’Ampezzo, Italy, NPR reports.
Leaders in academic medicine tackled gender harassment during the 2019 Leadership Forum and concluded that eliminating gender harassment in academic medicine will require a multipronged approach, AAMCNews reports.
The U.S. beat Spain in the 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup, earning the right to advance to the quarterfinal round, CBS reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to email@example.com and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.