We are caring for 823 inpatients and have 3,331 outpatient visits today.
High: 35 Low: 28 Snow
High: 32 Low: 24 Cloudy
Broadcasts: Need to know
UI Health Care has begun to prepare a new strategic plan that will guide our focus over the next several years. Join a strategic planning listening session from noon to 1 p.m. Monday, Jan. 27, in the Medical Alumni Auditorium, E331 GH (Elevator BE, Level 3).
- International Cuisine: Italy, Atrium Dining Room (Elevator D, Level 7)
- CultureVision Scavenger Hunt questions for today
- lifeUNdocumented: noon to 1 p.m. today, Medical Alumni Auditorium, E331 GH (Elevator BE, Level 3)
News: In The Loop
The Main Operating Room has recognized its fourth quarter Sunshine Award winner as Janelle Campbell, BSN, RN, CNOR, assistant nurse manager for Team 3, the orthopedics team.
You can now watch a recording of the Martin Luther King Jr. Distinguished Lecture featuring Talmadge E. King, Jr., MD, dean of the University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine and vice chancellor for medical affairs.
Events: Join us
- Frontiers in Pediatrics Research Seminar: Bruce Klein, MD, noon to 1 p.m. Monday, Jan. 27, Pediatric Conference Center, 2415 JCP (Elevator F, Level 2)
- Home loans and commercial real estate course by Hills Bank: noon to 1 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 5, Melrose Conference Center 51000 PFP (Elevator M, Level 5)
- Collaborative vaping research workshop: 2 to 3:30 p.m. Friday, Jan. 31, College of Public Health Building, C217
- Distinguished Biomedical Scholars Lecture: “Genome Editing, A View from the Edge,” Dana Carroll, PhD, 4 to 5 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 6, 1110A MERF
- Reminder: You must complete an online “Annual Disclosure of Outside Professional Activities and Interests” by April 30. If you’ve already submitted a disclosure in 2020, no additional action is required.
- It’s not too late to sign up for the Live Healthy Iowa 10 Week Wellness Challenge, now with free registration! It’s a simple, friendly competition where teams track activity minutes and/or weight loss. It began Jan. 13, but teams may register until Jan. 27.
- Hardin Library offers a variety of upcoming workshops for researchers on topics such as HawkIRB, TriNetX, EndNote, REDCap, and more.
Research volunteers invited
Find more research studies at uihc.org/studies.
- Pregnant women planning on delivering at UI Hospitals & Clinics are invited to participate in a study investigating the effect of position on blood pressure management. Compensation. Visit is.gd/posture for more information.
Outside UI Health Care
Division of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion will continue to advance the DEI Action Plan in coming year
The Division of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion will continue to work on critical tasks and collaborate with campus partners, Iowa Now reports.
High-school seniors will now have the opportunity to secure a seat in the UI College of Pharmacy by applying for the pre-pharmacy program early on, The Daily Iowan reports.
The education system evaluates teachers, facilities, budgets, curricula, and students’ progress, Little Village Magazine reports. But one researcher believes there needs to be more to the discussion.
Since the rollout of the new blackout license plates in Iowa last summer, lawmakers have introduced a bill that would give drivers another option, KCRG reports.
The phone of Jeff Bezos allegedly was hacked via a WhatsApp account, NPR reports.
The Hawkeye women’s basketball team continued their comeback ways and rallied back from a halftime deficit to defeat the Buckeyes, 77-68, The Daily Iowan reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to email@example.com and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.