Did you know we have a how-to guide on how to clean the high-touch items and surfaces we encounter daily? Check it out.
Today's COVID-19 Updates
C-19 adult inpatients: 19 yesterday, 370 to date
C-19 pediatric inpatients: 1 yesterday, 19 to date
% positive C-19 tests: 8% yesterday, 13% to date
Employees tested positive (self-reported): 1 yesterday, 305 to date
Telehealth screenings: 212 yesterday, 32,238 to date
Keeping you in The Loop
Though valet services at UI Hospitals & Clinics are temporarily suspended, Guest Services supervisors Mike Andrew, Doug Krutsinger, Paul Sanders, and Josh Vanden Berg are still hard at work.
Using a less-invasive arthroscopic technique, UI Sports Medicine surgeon Brian Wolf, MD, repaired Chris’s shoulder so he could return to living the life he loves.
COVID-19 announcements and reminders
- If patients are concerned about possible COVID-19 symptoms, they may call 319-384-9010 or schedule a video visit through MyChart. Employees should call the University Employee Health Clinic at 319-356-3631.
- UI Health Care workers are invited to join the Healthcare Worker Exposure Response & Outcomes (HERO) Registry.
“I am so proud of the University of Iowa. They are all 1st rate in my book.”
–@uihealthcare Facebook comment #UIHCStrong
We Stand Together
Thank you to all the crews working tirelessly to clean up our UI Health Care campus following the severe storm on Monday.
Other news and updates
- Furry Friends “Virtual Visit”: 1:45 p.m. today, channel 117
- liveWELL Protecting Your Financial Future: noon to 1 p.m., Wednesday, Aug. 12
- The pandemic. The economy. Our jobs. Our families. Sometimes we just need a listening ear. Visit with Chaplain Christine Wagner-Hecht from 11 a.m. to noon and Chaplain Mark Comer from noon to 1 p.m. on Thursdays in the Marketplace Dining Room.
- Evening and weekend well-child appointments are available with Family Medicine providers this summer to help you get back-to-school checkups, immunizations, and clearance for sports crossed off your to-do list.
- Midweek Meditation: Discover Meditation, 12:10 to 12:50 p.m. today via Zoom
Outside UI Health Care
As a result of COVID-19, performing arts classes and performances at the UI will consist of a hybrid of online and in-person learning this semester, The Daily Iowan reports.
Crews will work to restore power to places like nursing homes, then on to neighborhoods with large amounts of customers, then businesses and then individuals, KCRG reports.
The Linn County Public Health Department has reminders for any residents using portable generators to help power refrigerators and lights, KWWL reports.
A train has derailed in Aberdeenshire, northeast Scotland, following heavy rain and a landslip in the region, with initial reports of serious injuries, CNN reports.
Cedar Rapids native Zach Johnson was surprised, emotional, and “absolutely speechless” at the news that he is the 2020 recipient of the PGA Tour’s Payne Stewart Award, CBS2 reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to firstname.lastname@example.org and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.