We are caring for 707 inpatients and have 4,388 outpatient visits today.
High: 33 Low: 21 Sunny
High: 39 Low: 29 Sunny
Broadcasts: Need to know
The performance review period for all UI Health Care staff (defined as all regular appointment job records equal to or greater than 50 percent effort) began on Nov. 1, and all reviews must be completed by Sunday, March 31, 2019. Some departments may have earlier deadlines.
Epic: What’s new
See the Epic Status Report for Dec. 11, 2018 for all updates and screenshots.
- New Airway Status column
- Anesthesia services at IRL for Cardioversion procedures
- Adding Due (Stopped) to continuous infusions
- New Surgical Global Period notification tool
- Retiring Global Care Note and Global Care Inpatient Note
- Change to Schedule Order Workqueue deferrals and transfers
- New Orders to Coordinate section
- Renaming referral notifications In Basket folder
- New workqueue for Cardioversion scheduling
- New departments
News: In The Loop
Ten seasons of Kid Captains highlight the special bond between the children’s hospital and the football team, Iowa Magazine reports.
UI Health Care faculty and staff reported $345,612,844 in value of staff time, in-kind services, and financial donations in community benefit programs and activities during fiscal year 2017.
Each year, Patient Financial Services (PFS) tries to out-do themselves. The PFS Angel Tree Fundraising Committee raises money to buy gifts for patients at UI Hospitals & Clinics. So far this year, they’ve raised $3528.89 with one more fundraiser to go.
Events: Join us
- Mount Vernon Choir performance: noon to 1 p.m. today, Colloton Atrium (Elevator F, Level 1)
- Staff Appreciation Meal: 10:45 a.m. Thursday, Dec. 13, through 4 a.m., Friday, Dec. 14 (not available 2 to 4 p.m.); traditional, healthy, gluten-free, and vegan options available
- Fourth Floor Salon sale: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 13, and Friday, Dec. 14, Fountain Lobby (Elevator C, Level 1)
- UI Hospitals & Clinics will hold an emergency response exercise tomorrow morning to test its readiness to respond to the transfer of a patient with an emerging infectious disease and other crises.
- The Institute for Clinical and Translational Science is sponsoring a new K Club. This club will provide support to junior faculty who aspire to become future K Scholars.
- Phishing: Don’t get hooked! Malicious emails are increasing in number and getting trickier to spot. Learn warning signs to protect your passwords, log-ins, money, etc.
Outside UI Health Care
Just over a month after election day, two candidates are facing off in a special election for a Johnson County Board of Supervisors seat, CBS 2 reports.
Public Safety Commissioner, Roxann Ryan, says she’s informed Gov. Kim Reynolds that she will be leaving her job next month after leading the department for four years, KCRG reports.
A dog that survived the catastrophic wildfire in Northern California protected the ruins of his home for almost a month until his owner returned, NBC News reports.
China’s anger is growing over the arrest of a top Chinese tech executive wanted by the United States, CNN reports.
Boos rained down from the crowd as the Boston Celtics defeated the Chicago Bulls by 56 points— the largest loss in the 53-year history of the franchise, ESPN reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to firstname.lastname@example.org and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.