We are caring for 710 inpatients and have 4,051 outpatient visits today.
High: 57 Low: 35 Sunny
High: 50 Low: 33 Sunny
Events: Join us
- UI graduate and children’s book author Diana Howard at Story Hour: 10:30 a.m. tomorrow, Janice and Bruce Ellig Children’s Library (Level 1), UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital
- Weight Watchers: Be Your Best Self, noon tomorrow, Braley Auditorium (Elevator K, Lower Level)
- Living Peace Meditation: 12:10 to 12:50 p.m. tomorrow, Meditation Room (Level 12), UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital; guided imagery meditation
- Health Fair for UI faculty and staff: 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 7, UI Field House
News: In The Loop
The annual UI Physicians Clinical Awards recipients have been presented, recognizing clinical excellence among UI Physicians members. Click on each award name to view videos of the winners.
When it came to helping fellow staff members understand what UI Health Care’s major new revenue cycle project is all about in a simple acronym, Denise Hartline was up for the challenge.
“Our daughter wouldn’t be here without this hospital.” At just 13 days old, Kaeli Knapp of Cedar Falls, Iowa, had her first open heart surgery—the beginning of the fight of her life.
- The deadline to apply for the master in medical education program for the spring 2019 semester is Thursday, Nov. 15.
- Remind patients and visitors about our Lost and Found at the Main Entrance Information Desk (Elevator E, Level 1), and remember to check for dentures, hearing aids, phone chargers, etc., as they leave. Call the Information Desk at 319-384-8591.
Research volunteers invited
Find more research studies at uihc.org/studies.
- Subjects between ages 40 and 70 with Type 2 diabetes are invited to participate in a research study where they undergo vascular function testing following eight weeks of dietary nitrate supplementation. Study requires seven separate visits on weekday mornings. Compensation provided. Questions? Contact 319-335-9808 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Outside UI Health Care
University leaders spoke yesterday at a dedication ceremony for Bridging Our World, a five-day installation featuring the flags of the 116 countries represented by international students attending the UI, Iowa Now reports.
The UI’s NITE RIDE service—a free shuttle that provides students safe transport to and from campus locations and personal residences—is getting an upgrade, The Gazette reports.
Over 90 veterans departed from the Eastern Iowa Airport this morning for the last honor flight of the year, KCRG reports.
Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex, is pregnant with her first child, and the baby is expected in spring 2019, KCCI reports.
A 2,000-foot-long floating pipe nicknamed Wilson is about to start its mission to collect plastic in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, CNN reports.
Zimbabwe is pioneering a groundbreaking mental health program with stunning results—and the rest of the world is taking note, BBC reports.
*Subscription service, limited access
Send announcements for Noon News to email@example.com and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.