Keeping you in The Loop
When an emergency room patient was discharged at 4:30 a.m., no cabs or other transportation were available to take her back to her hotel to rest. That’s when Evan Engelhardt, nursing assistant in the Emergency Department, volunteered his help.
When Bentley Steven was 2 years old, he started having serious headaches. Bentley was diagnosed with Chiari malformation and transferred to UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital for expert care.
- Physicians may refer their patients to the Behavioral Oncology Clinic, which provides support to patients with cancer as well as their caregivers.
- Do your patients have questions about the COVID-19 vaccines? We have a COVID-19 vaccine hub on uihc.org with videos, frequently asked questions, resources, and more.
- The Working at Iowa Survey–Powered by Press Ganey is off to a great start with a 39.5% response rate. Be sure to make your voice heard.
Free flu vaccinations are available this week in the University Employee Health Clinic for employees and volunteers.
We Stand Together
In this video, Iowa basketball and baseball player Connor McCaffery asks for an assist from his fellow Hawkeyes, encouraging all to step up and get vaccinated against COVID-19.
By the numbers
Total inpatients: 776 today
Total outpatient visits: 4,360 today
C-19 adult inpatients: 40 yesterday, 898 to date
C-19 pediatric inpatients: 9 yesterday, 77 to date
% positive symptomatic C-19 test results**: 16% yesterday, 14% to date
Telehealth screenings***: 178 yesterday, 31,486 to date
Employees tested positive (self-reported)*: 7 yesterday, 1,947 to date
Employees who have received the first COVID-19 vaccine dose: 0 yesterday, 15,618 to date
Employees who have received both the first and second/final COVID-19 vaccine doses: 0 yesterday, 15,496 to date
Epic: What’s new
See the Epic Status Report for Sept. 21, 2021, for all updates and screenshots.
- Epic Upgrade Practice Environment Available
- New ANE PAIN Management Procedure Unit
- Remove ICD 9 codes from Visit Diagnoses section & SmartLinks
- Update Care Team Relationship Research values to be more inclusive of all Research Study Team Roles
- CCHS CPN/GE Fetal Monitoring System
- Media Tab Thumbnail View
- Adding Peds GI orders for SFCH LL2
- During Visit (InPt/ED Orders) CareSelect Decision Support and AI Functionality
- New Peds Procedures Need Scheduled Workqueue
- SlicerDicer for Revenue videos
- Using CareSelect when Placing Radiology Orders
- Therapy Plan: Day of Treatment
- Send Therapy Plans for Review
- Filtering the Appointment Desk
- Batch Release for ROI
Events: Join us
- Spiritual Services: Autumnal Equinox Labyrinth Walk, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. tomorrow.
- DVIP and Shelter House Bench Press Contest: 3 to 9 p.m. Friday, Oct. 29, in the MERF Atrium.
Outside UI Health Care
The project, which features murals designed by Antoine Williams and Donté Hayes in collaboration with Public Space One and the Center for Afrofuturist Studies, have been installed on the Capitol Street parking ramp, The Daily Iowan reports.
Four space tourists safely ended their trailblazing trip to orbit Saturday with a splashdown in the Atlantic off the Florida coast, the Associated Press reports.
Pfizer and BioNTech said early results of their trial indicate the vaccine is safe for children and establishes a strong antibody response against the virus, NPR reports.
Laura Weiss, RN, a retired nurse who teamed up with the Boulder County Public Health department, created an impromptu art piece of empty COVID-19 vaccine vials, reports MedPage Today.
The Hawkeyes’ 30-7 victory is the team’s 300th victory inside Kinnick Stadium, The Daily Iowan reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to firstname.lastname@example.org and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.