We are caring for 828 inpatients and have 4,362 outpatient visits today.
High: 25 Low: 21 Cloudy
High: 30 Low: 21 Chance snow
Broadcasts: Need to know
Faster, smarter elevators are on their way. Elevator H will be closed for replacement beginning 6 p.m. this Friday, Jan. 31. All four cabs will be closed for 10 weeks, after which time, two will open up, and the remaining two will be closed for another 8 weeks.
Today is the first of the Town Hall 2020 events with CEO Suresh Gunasekaran, starting at noon, with several locations and ways to watch.
News: In The Loop
You can now find all 2019 Novel Coronavirus related information, resources, and contact information in one spot at the top of the homepage on The Loop. This page will be kept up to date with all the latest details on what you need to know.
Project Art announces a new temporary exhibit titled Portals to Cross at UI Hospitals & Clinics by Iowa-based artist Louise Fisher.
Events: Join us
- Candidate for Stead Family Department of Pediatrics chair and DEO: noon to 1 p.m. today, Pediatric Conference Center, 2415 JCP (Elevator F, Level 2)
- Engaging employees for effective performance training: 2 to 4 p.m. tomorrow, 4999 JPP (Elevator I, Level 4)
- Diabetes Prevention Program: multiple informational sessions through Jan. 29
- Learning to Save Lives: A Learning Collaboration Between the Carver College of Medicine and Biomedical Engineering Students, featuring Tim Elgin, DO, noon to 1 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 5, University Capitol Center 2520D
- Food trucks after dark: 9 p.m. to 2 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 6, For the Kids Way between Pomerantz Family Pavilion and UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital
- The University Employee Health Clinic (Elevator A, Level 1) will be closed from 2 to 3 p.m. tomorrow due to a mandatory clinic-wide staff session. You can still reach the clinic by phone at 319-356-3631, and the S-T-I-C-K line will still be answered.
- The Kaleidoscope Gift Shop and UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital Safety Store will have reduced hours on Friday, Jan. 31, closing at 1 p.m. and will remain closed Saturday, Feb. 1. The store will be open for normal business hours on Monday, Feb. 3.
- Children’s Miracle Network and UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital Discretionary Gift Fund requests for 2020 are open. The submission deadline is Friday, Feb. 14.
- Nominations are open for the 2020 Discovery and Innovation Awards. See the award categories, nomination instructions, and criteria. Nominations are due Feb. 4, 2020.
Research volunteers invited
Find more research studies at uihc.org/studies.
- Do you have achilles tendinopathy/tendonitis? Participate in a clinical trial on the effects of education and exercise. Compensation and free physical therapy. Contact Jing Danielson at 319-356-1722 or visit is.gd/TEAchScreen.
Outside UI Health Care
Patrons will have access to nutrition classes, wellness equipment, and other resources aimed at honing a healthy lifestyle, Little Village Magazine reports.
Iowa would join numerous other states in prohibiting drivers from using hand-held cell phones or other electronic devices, KWWL reports.
Mattel wants to showcase “a multi-dimensional view of beauty and fashion” through new additions to its Barbie Fashionistas line, CNN reports.
The money will be spent on “emergency funds and corresponding technical support to help frontline responders in China and Africa accelerate their efforts to contain the global spread of 2019-nCoV,” according to Business Insider.
The Iowa men’s basketball team came back after trailing behind double-digits, defeating the Badgers, 68-62, The Daily Iowan reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to email@example.com and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.