Reminder: Now is the time to make your benefit elections for 2021.
COVID-19 by the numbers
C-19 adult inpatients: 21 yesterday, 660 to date
C-19 pediatric inpatients: 2 yesterday, 36 to date
% positive symptomatic C-19 test results*: 20% yesterday, 18% to date
Employees tested positive (self-reported)**: 12 yesterday, 686 to date
Telehealth screenings***: 391 yesterday, 55,446 to date
Keeping you in The Loop
After his daughter was severely burned, one Iowa father was terrified. Then Jamie Cady, RN, entered his daughter’s room.
Project Art Director Mark Bernat and his family perform their fifth at-home concert to provide some healing music for everyone during this time.
COVID-19 announcements and reminders
- Did you know that you can help keep our campus safe by using a new, disposable cup when grabbing a drink at a water fountain or cooler? Help encourage others to do so as well by downloading a reminder from our We Stand for Safety Hub.
- Please eat in designated break rooms or cafeterias. Keeping food out of clinical work spaces is one way to keep our campus clean and safe.
Social shout out
“I am a proud Iowan every time I see the amazing work being done at UIHC!”
–@uihealthcare Facebook comment #UIHCStrong
We Stand Together
With 153 respiratory therapists and staff, the Department of Respiratory Care provides essential services across UI Health Care. Respiratory care staff are also on the frontlines caring for critically ill patients with suspected or confirmed COVID-19.
Thank you to all respiratory care personnel for supporting our patients and organization.
Do you know someone in the Department of Respiratory Care who is doing outstanding work? Pay it forward by sharing their story.
Other news and updates
- The UI DeGowin Blood Center is in need of platelet donors. Call 319-356-2058 or visit uidegowinbloodcenter.org to schedule an appointment.
- Starting Sunday Nov. 1, Wild Rose Gifts will be expanding their hours to 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
- MyChart has redesigned its home page to better adapt to patient needs and help them feel more at home, both on the MyChart website and the mobile app.
- Connecting with CultureVision while off campus? User name: UIOWA and password: medicine1. Questions? Email email@example.com.
- UI virtual Health Fair: Nov. 4 to Nov. 6. liveWELL‘s schedule of events will help support your well-being and help you move forward with purpose.
- Children’s Library and Patients’ Library story time and activities: tomorrow at 10:30 a.m. on channel 114 and OneView. Please encourage patients to watch.
- Transition to Adulthood: This free webinar series is designed for Iowa parents, legal guardians, and caregivers of youth aged 12 to 21 with special health care needs and is held from noon to 1 p.m. every Friday from Oct. 9 to Nov. 20.
Outside UI Health Care
The Main Library on the UI campus launched a campaign to communicate to and monitor students’ compliance with COVID-19 mask-wearing protocols, The Daily Iowan reports.
Spirit Halloween Manager Erica Foster said that customers seem to be following what local health officials are recommending and will not take part in traditional trick-or-treating, KCRG reports.
In just a few weeks, NASA and SpaceX are set to launch a diverse crew of astronauts to the International Space Station as part of the Crew Dragon spacecraft’s first operational flight, ABC News reports.
On the back of rising success in recent seasons, the Iowa soccer program announced plans for a new soccer operations facility that would be ready at the start of the fall 2021 season, The Daily Iowan reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to firstname.lastname@example.org and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.