Our AirCare crews have flown more than 30,000 patients a total of 3 million miles since the program began in 1979. Help us celebrate 40 years of AirCare at an open house on Saturday, June 22!
We are caring for 771 inpatients and have 3,859 outpatient visits today.
High: 72 Low: 59 Showers likely
High: 76 Low: 63 Mostly sunny
Broadcasts: Need to know
The DeGowin Blood Center is looking for donors to come and save a life from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. tomorrow, June 20, in the Fountain Lobby (Elevator C, Level 1). Due to high usage, O negative and O positive blood donors are needed. Appointments are encouraged, but walk-ins are welcome. To schedule a donation, visit uihc.org/degowin or call 319-356-2058.
The main entrance to Parking Ramp 2 will be closed at 9 a.m. tomorrow to allow required signage to be installed. The closure is anticipated to last about 30 minutes. Questions? Contact UI Parking and Transportation at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 335-1475.
News: In The Loop
Join the first of the quarterly short-talk seminars, hosted by Brooks Jackson, MD, MBA, from 4 to 5 p.m. tomorrow, in Kelch Conference Room (1289 CBRB). The event will feature presentations by four Carver College of Medicine investigators to share research ideas, discoveries, and a discussion of their current work and future plans for realizing their research aims.
By January 2020, all of our occupational health services will become fully integrated with UI Health Care.
Events: Join us
- Child safety experts discuss car seat safety, safe sleep, and more: 6 to 7:30 p.m. today, Iowa Children’s Museum
- Overview of Harassment Prevention: 5 to 6:30 p.m. tomorrow, Ziffren Conference Room (Elevator H, Level 1)
- Systematic Literature Reviews and Meta-Analyses Seminar: free five-session seminar, 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. Mondays beginning June 24, C44-A GH (Elevator BW, Level 4)
- New notary service guidelines have been developed for UI Hospitals & Clinics, including forms that hospital notaries can and cannot notarize, procedures to follow for notary needs, and notary options for staff and faculty.
- A Massage Oasis offers $20 gift cards, good for a 15-minute chair massage at UI Hospitals & Clinics.
Research volunteers invited
Find more research studies at uihc.org/studies.
- Seven-to 10-year-old children are invited to participate in a study to investigate how children learn to solve math problems. Email Andy at email@example.com for details.
Outside UI Health Care
Officials have reopened Iowa Highway 1 in rural Johnson County after an accident involving a grain truck, KCRG reports.
This year’s annual Block Party, scheduled for June 22, has been expanded to include all of Clinton Street, allowing for more activities and shows, The Daily Iowan reports.
Pacific Gas & Electric Corp has agreed to pay $1 billion to local California authorities for wildfire damage blamed on the firm, BBC reports.
An emaciated polar bear has been sighted in a Russian industrial city in Siberia, hundreds of miles south of its normal hunting grounds, CBS reports.
Six-year-old Poncho Via’s horns are more than twice the width of a concert grand piano, which set the Guinness World Record for possessing the longest set of horns on any other Texas longhorn ever, NPR reports.
The tournament begins July 1, but burning questions and storylines are already sprouting like Wimbledon’s rye grass, ESPN reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to firstname.lastname@example.org and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.