We are caring for 765 inpatients and have 4,438 outpatient visits today.
High: 32 Low: 25 Cloudy
High: 30 Low: 23 Cloudy
Epic: What’s New
See the Epic Status Report for Jan. 28, 2020, for all updates and screenshots.
- Updating Travel Screening to screen for patients who have traveled to China
- New bedside glucose meters-Nova StatStrip meter replaces Accu-Chek
- Update display in Storyboard
- New and renamed Patient Statuses
- Track Access for New Patients
- New Unavailable Template Reason
- Adding consult procedure name to internal notifications to referring providers
- Renaming Bill Area Names
- Ordering Prescriptions for Pharmacists
- Pre-Operative PEC/Social Screening
- Using the Problem List
News: In The Loop
UI Hospitals & Clinics epidemiologist Jorge Salinas, MD, says the hospital is developing screening tools and has procedures in place for potential patients, the Iowa City Press-Citizen reports.
Stanley Perlman, MD, PhD, professor of microbiology and immunology, spoke with KCRG about the 2019 Novel Coronavirus and what we know so far.
UI men’s basketball manager and sophomore Luke Slavens’ heart stopped for two minutes during practice on Jan. 12. If not for the quick response from UI athletic trainer Brad Floy, Slavens may not be alive today.
Candidate Susan R. Hintz, MD, MS, will present her seminar, “A continuing journey of learning: Outcomes of extremely preterm infants, program building, and looking to the future,” from noon to 1 p.m. tomorrow in the Pediatric Conference Center, 2415 JCP (Elevator F, Level 2).
Events: Join us
- UI Health Care Strategic Planning Listening Session: noon to 1 p.m. today, Medical Alumni Auditorium, E331 GH (Elevator BE, Level 3)
- Yoga for UI Health Care employees and volunteers: 5:15 p.m. every Monday, Activity Gym, 1701 JPP (Elevator J, Level 1); $5 per person
- “The Health of Palestinians”: by Akihiro Seita, MD, noon to 12:50 p.m. Monday, Feb. 17, Prem Sahai Auditorium (2117 MERF)
- College of Medicine Spotlight on Current and Future Research: 5 to 6 p.m. Monday, March 2, the East Room (Elevator D/F, Level 8 )
- Iowa City Area Transit Study is seeking community feedback on three service scenarios. Open houses will be held Jan. 28–30 with a presentation of scenarios followed by attendee feedback. Online survey also available.
- “Warm the Sole” sock drive is now on Level 1 near Elevator E. Buy an extra pair of socks while you’re out shopping and donate them for local nonprofits by Jan. 31.
Outside UI Health Care
The UI cut the ceremonial ribbon at its new Psychological and Brain Sciences building on Friday, The Daily Iowan reports.
The 48th annual Register’s Annual Great Bicycle Ride Across Iowa—pedaling from July 19 to 25—will start in Le Mars and end in Clinton, The Des Moines Register reports.
In addition to Kobe Bryant and his 13-year-old daughter, among those killed in a helicopter crash in California yesterday included young athletes, a baseball coach, and mothers, CNN reports.
Almost 30% of medical students and residents suffer from depression and 10% report having suicidal thoughts, AAMC News reports. A growing number of medical schools and teaching hospitals are developing programs to identify and help at-risk trainees.
Singer Billie Eilish yesterday earned five Grammy Awards, including the four biggest prizes, CNN reports.
Iowa basketball legend Megan Gustafson had her No. 10 retired yesterday in front of a packed Carver-Hawkeye Arena crowd, The Daily Iowan reports.
*Subscription service, limited access
Send announcements for Noon News to email@example.com and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.