Keeping you in The Loop
ELMS will experience a downtime beginning at 7 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 12, until approximately 3 p.m. Friday, Aug. 13, while upgrades are made.
UI Hospitals & Clinics is once again included on Forbes Best Employers for Women 2021 list, coming in at number 44 on the list and number 9 for health systems.
- Become a Recreational Services member between Aug. 1, and Sept. 6, and waive the $39 set-up fee. Simply complete the Perpetual Payroll Deduction Form electronically and email completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Supportive, palliative, and hospice care offer compassionate care to patients with life-limiting illnesses. Learn how these care types differ.
- The UI Employee Assistance Program is offering a new financial assistance program for eligible employees experiencing financial hardship.
Did you know the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provides confidential, short-term counseling to faculty, staff, and their families?
We Stand Together
Looking for resources about the COVID-19 vaccine? We’ve put together frequently asked questions, stories, how-to guides, and more on our COVID-19 vaccine information page for employees. Check it out on The Loop.
By the numbers
Total inpatients: 773 today
Total outpatient visits: 3,746 today
C-19 adult inpatients: 17 yesterday, 676 to date
C-19 pediatric inpatients: 1 yesterday, 46 to date
% positive symptomatic C-19 test results**: 7% yesterday, 12% to date
Telehealth screenings***: 77 yesterday, 25,112 to date
Employees tested positive (self-reported)*: 5 yesterday, 1,703 to date
Employees who have received the first COVID-19 vaccine dose: 0 yesterday, 15,540 to date
Employees who have received both the first and second/final COVID-19 vaccine doses: 0 yesterday, 15,410 to date
Events: Join us
- TV Bingo in August: 1:45 p.m. today and Wednesday, Aug. 18, on channel 117. Please encourage patients to tune in.
- Science Thursday: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. tomorrow with food trucks and live music.
- Physician Assistant Program White Coat Ceremony: 2 p.m. tomorrow, in 1110 MERF.
Outside UI Health Care
After a driver snatched the tip jar from a pair of nine-year-old twins’ lemonade stand in Ames, the police responded with members of three other law enforcement agencies to buy lemonade and help raise back the money that was stolen, KCCI reports.
Both Spirit and American Airlines have experienced flight disruptions for the past three days, citing operational challenges and severe weather, NPR reports.
Scorching heat, low humidity, and strong winds have fed the fires in the country’s Mediterranean region, the Associated Press reports.
U.S. track star Sydney McLaughlin broke her own world record to win gold at the Tokyo Olympics, and teammate Dalilah Muhammad came in a close second and also broke the previous record, CBS reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to email@example.com and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.