University Benefits encourages all employees to complete the enrollment process during open enrollment, even if they do not have any changes they want to make to their benefits for the next year.
For 2019, there are a few of changes in place that will be reflected in your enrollment:
UIChoice health insurance
- Rates are increasing by 2.5 percent.
- If you are enrolled in a plan that includes dependents, this will change your deductions.
Group life insurance
- Rates are decreasing from $0.39 per $1000 to $0.246 per $1000
- If you have group life at 2 times, 2.5 times, or 3 times your salary, this will change your credits and deductions.
Spouse/dependent life insurance
- Employee must have an equal or greater amount of Voluntary Term Life to enroll spouse/dependents in this plan.
- If you have this coverage for your dependents but do not meet the requirements for Voluntary Term Life, the plan will not continue.
- Any dependents not verified through the Dependent Eligibility Verification process will not be included in your enrollment for 2019. Verification will be required to add those dependents to benefit plans.
- Dependents who turned 26 during 2018 and are not full-time students or disabled will need to be removed during the enrollment process.
UI Benefits Office open hours during Benefits Open Enrollment:
All sessions listed below will be held in C500 GH (Elevator B, Level 5):
- 7 to 11 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 1
- 9 a.m. to noon Friday, Nov. 2
- 6 to 11 a.m. and 4 to 11 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 3
- 6 to 9 a.m. Tuesday, Nov. 6
- 5 to 10 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 8
- 4 to 11 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 10
- 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 14
- 2 to 11 p.m. Friday, Nov. 16
Please note that attendance may be higher at these sessions, so allow additional time to complete your enrollment. If you have any questions, contact Robin Akers, benefits specialist, at email@example.com or 319-335-5553.