Congratulations to the first winners of the hand hygiene traveling trophy! Dietary was the best performing job category for June, with 100 percent compliance, and Level 11 of UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital (pediatric cancer center) was named the hand hygiene best performing unit, with a rate of 98 percent.
7JCP (dialysis) was the most improved unit for June, with a 15.4 percent increase, and medical assistants earned the most improved job category, with a 42.8 percent increase in adherence.
In June, there were several other units that stayed at or above 90 percent on hand hygiene adherence:
- 7RCS (adult bone marrow transplant)
- Level 10 UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital (pediatric medical surgical
- NICU (neonatal intensive care)
- 2RCW2 (gastrointestinal, organ transplant, and surgical specialty)
- 4JPE (adult bone marrow transplant)
- MICU (medical intensive care unit)
- PICU (pediatric intensive care)
- 3RCE (ophthalmology, orthopedic, and urology)
- CVICU (cardiac intensive care)
- Level 9 of UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital (pediatric medial surgical)
There were also several job categories that stayed at or above 90 percent on hand hygiene adherence:
- Nursing student
- Radiology tech
- Social work
- Speech pathology
- Medical student
The following units and job roles reached 89 percent hand hygiene adhere in June:
- 7JCP (respiratory specialty and comprehensive care unit)
- 3RCW (short stay)
- 8JCP (burn)
- 4JPW (adult hematology oncology)
- Respiratory therapy
Hand Hygiene adherence at UI Hospitals and Clinics is over 90 percent. Thank you to all of our staff for your dedication to keeping our patients safe.
Want more information on hand hygiene? Visit the Tableau interactive Hand Hygiene Dashboard to get updated data by unit and job role.