With the decline of COVID-19 transmission in the community, the high vaccination rate among our faculty and staff, and the expiration of the governor’s proclamation, entry screening will discontinue for UI Health Care employees and volunteers, effective Tuesday, June 8.
For more information, visit the Facilities & Services page on The Loop.
What you need to know
- Additional staff entrances will be made available (see map below). These doors will be locked, meaning you’ll still need to scan your badge at these entrances in order to enter the building.
- Upon entry, you’ll no longer be required to scan your ID badge to attest that you have no COVID-19 symptoms.
- Staff should continue to wear their ID badge at the breast pocket or lapel level with picture and name forward, immediately visible to patients, visitors, and other staff.
- Staff who do not display their ID badge in the appropriate position may be stopped by entry screening staff.
- Patients, visitors, and any other non-UI Health Care personnel will still be required to go through entry screening at public entrances prior to entry into our facilities.
Please help us be vigilant about non-UI Health Care personnel following staff into the building. If you see a patient or visitor trying to use a staff entrance/exit, please direct them to the nearest available public entrance/exit.
Reminder: If you develop any signs or symptoms of COVID-19, you should remain home and call the University Employee Health Clinic at 319-356-3631.
- Have you had a fever in the last 24 hours?
- Do you have new or worsening:
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath
Additional staff entrances
Also effective Tuesday, June 8, additional staff-only entrances will be open to help you get where you need to go faster.
View the map below to see the additional staff entrances.