Spanish on the Phone (formerly Call Center Spanish)
- When: Thursdays from July 19 to Aug. 16
- Time: noon to 1 p.m.
- Place: 160 MRF (hallway located near the Java House kiosk in the Fountain Lobby, Level 1)
- Class size: Limited to 10 participants
- Presented by UI Staff Language and Culture Services: A Division of Organizational Effectiveness
Spanish on the Phone is a course designed to help people converse in Spanish on the phone. Emphasis is on useful phrases and phone dialogues. The class begins with basic pronunciation skills, phrases with numbers, and correct courtesies on the phone.
You will receive a Spanish packet for the class, which will prove useful when you are actually conversing on the phone.
The purpose of this course is to provide basic Spanish language tools and create cultural awareness for speaking on the phone with a client whose first language is Spanish.
- To be able to pronounce Spanish words and phrases correctly
- To be able to greet Spanish-speaking customers on the phone politely and with cultural sensitivity
- To gain knowledge of useful phone vocabulary and phrases
- To be able to use time phrases and dates, days of week, months, when appropriate
- To acquire useful and brief conversation skills for when a customer is waiting for an interpreter
To register or learn more, contact Corinne Stanley at firstname.lastname@example.org or 319-335-5822.