A new safety incident reporting system is now available to replace Patient Safety Net (PSN).
What you need to know:
- The process for submitting incidents will remain the same.
- You will be able to access the new Safety Incident Report through The Point or on all clinical workstations starting today.
What you need to do:
- Staff members responsible for review and follow-up within the current system need to complete all of their reviews by March 13, 2020. This date is non-negotiable. Completing reviews and closing out the event is necessary to preserve and migrate the data from PSN to the new system.
- A video and tip sheets on how to navigate the new system is available on The Point.
- Drop-in labs will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on March 11-13 in Conference Room 7830-A JPP (Elevator I, Level 7).
Benefits of the new system:
- Intuitive, user-friendly platform
- Improved detail in event reporting
- Improved analytics
- System availability of Root Cause Analysis (RCA), peer review, and claims modules providing one protected location for all event review information
Questions about the new system:
- Over the past few months, Quality Improvement Program staff have collaborated with many in the hospital to design the new system. If you have questions or need more information, contact the Quality Improvement Program at 319-467-6543 or email@example.com