Quality and Safety has created a new SharePoint site that provides updated information in a user-friendly, centralized format. While the entirety of Quality and Safety’s departments can be found on the site, one key feature of the new site is its robust infection prevention section. Here are some of the major features included in the infection prevention section:
- Easy to use A-Z list of diseases/pathogens
- Aids providers finding information regarding recommended isolation precautions for most diseases or pathogens
Detailed information on selected diseases/pathogens
Users can click each infection name to get detailed information on specific diseases/pathogens.
- Information regarding isolation signs and definitions including how to order signs and how things are done in different treatment settings (outpatient, with visitors, etc.).
- Shortcuts to various metrics in Tableau.
- Easy-to-find frequently used dashboards including unit specific, data on hand hygiene, days since last hospital acquired infections (HAI), and surgical site infections.
- Links to make UI Health Care-specific data requests from the Program of Hospital Epidemiology to guide program-level or unit-level decisions.
General infection prevention information
- Quick answers to specific employee health and cleaning and disinfecting inquiries.
Other information regarding:
- FAQs for both staff and patients
- Needle stick injuries
- Pregnancy in the workplace
- Work restrictions
- Approved disinfectant list
- Cleaning information
- Handling of toys and reading materials
- Safe handling of soiled medical instruments