The UI Carver College of Medicine is seeking senior faculty members to serve on the Executive Committee. This committee is primarily responsible for advising the dean on appointments, promotions, and tenure. Other duties include advising the dean on matters pertinent to the function and welfare of the college, may call meetings to address issues, and shall investigate, if appropriate, matters presented to it for consideration by any faculty member.
Consider nominating either yourself or a senior colleague if criteria below are met. Please note limitations on track and departments that are eligible to participate. Terms are three years, May 1, 2020, to April 30, 2023.
To be eligible for the 2020 Executive Committee:
- Must have served as a member of a departmental or collegiate promotions committee
- Must be a full professor in the clinical track only
- Open positions:
- 3 clinical departments, clinical track positions
- Be from one of the following departments: anesthesia, dermatology, emergency medicine, family medicine, neurosurgery, orthopedics, otolaryngology, psychiatry, physical therapy and rehabilitation science, radiology, or urology.
Primary duties and expectations are:
- Vote on faculty appointments sent electronically. Appointments may be sent out two to three times weekly.
- Meet quarterly to discuss issues of importance in the college and provide feedback.
- Participate in the Collegiate Promotion Process. Four evening meetings held in December and January, as applications become available. Attendance is required.
For self-nominations, please forward a 250 word statement of interest to Toni McAlister (email@example.com) by Feb. 14, 2020. If you wish to nominate a colleague, please first obtain their permission to nominate and send the name to Toni. We will follow up to obtain the statement of interest.
For more information, you may visit the Collegiate Executive Committee Purpose and Charge document: Executive Committee Purpose and Charge or the Executive Committee Membership Roster for 2019–2020: Executive Committee Roster.