You must enroll to have coverage. If you do not, you will not have health and/or dental coverage for 2018 unless you have a qualifying event. Learn more about merit enrollment.
The Annual Benefits Open Enrollment for Faculty, Professional & Scientific, SEIU, Merit Supervisory Exempt, and Merit Confidential runs through Nov. 17, 2017.
Open Enrollment is your annual opportunity to:
- Review your current benefit elections
- Add or remove dependents
- Enroll in your Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Program
Flexible Spending Account (FSA) updates
- The Health Care FSA annual maximum for 2018 will increase to $2,600.
- If you wish to participate in the Health Care and/or Dependent Care FSA for 2018, you must make an election and complete your enrollment. Your 2017 FSA election(s) will not roll over. Unused benefit credits will default into a Health Care FSA.
Other highlights for 2018
- UIChoice health plan premiums will increase 5 percent: 2018 premiums
- Office visit copays/co-insurance will change as follows:
- Level 1 – $10 copay (UI QuickCare will remain at $5, UIeCare.com will remain at $0)
- Level 2 – $25 copay
- Level 3 – 50 percent co-insurance
- The emergency room copay will increase to $100.
- McFarland Clinic and Iowa Clinic PC will no longer be considered Level 1 providers: more information on providers
- There are no cost or coverage changes for the Dental II plan, group life, supplemental life, or dependent life.
- There are no cost changes to AD&D; however, felony victim and terrorism benefits have been added to the coverage.
Faculty and staff can now enroll online through Employee Self Service. Go to Benefits Enrollment and review, select, and finalize your benefit selections.
When they are finalized, you will get a confirmation through campus mail showing your elections and costs for 2018. Please review it carefully.
University Benefits Office:
Deadline to enroll is Nov. 17.
An informational meeting will be held from 10 to 11 a.m., Thursday, Nov. 16, 2017, in Pomerantz Family Pavilion.
See all UI Health Care locations at uihc.org.