Employees are welcome to join the Department of Urology and grow their facial hair to raise awareness for men’s health this November.
- Grow your best beard, mustache, or combination of the two throughout the month of November
- If you already have facial hair, don’t worry—we won’t ask you to shave it off. Clean-shaven or fully bearded—start with what you have!
- Snap your best facial hair photos (selfies or group photos) throughout the month and post them to social media with the hashtag #BeardUpIowa.
- Note: Masks must be worn for all photos taken indoors (unless in a private office). For group photos, masks and socially distanced are required.
- On Tuesday, Nov. 30, the Department of Urology will randomly choose a winner to receive a prize package.
Beyond the beard…
Men’s health encompasses complete physical, mental, and social well-being. Our team of UI Health Care men’s health specialists offer accessible, evidence-based, transparent, and innovative care in both the evaluation and treatment of male urinary system and sexual health concerns, spanning primary, specialty, and cancer care.
- Assess your health online with our men’s health assessment at uihc.org/mens-health
- Take the first step by joining urologic surgeon Amy Pearlman, MD, director of the University of Iowa Men’s Health Program, for an online monthly seminar, as she covers the causes of men’s sexual dysfunction and the many affordable treatment options available.
- Make an appointment. We have an experienced team to match you or your patients’ diagnosis with the best treatment plan.
To learn more about #BeardUpIowa and our Men’s Health program, or schedule an appointment, visit uihc.org/beard-up or call 319-356-2421.
Individuals who are required to wear an N95 respirator should continue to adhere to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration’s (OSHA) Respiratory Protection Standard regarding facial hair.