Though this year’s official employee flu campaign begins Monday, Sept. 25, vaccine will be available Wednesday, Aug. 30, in the University Employee Health Clinic (UEHC) (Elevator A, Level 1).
Find a full schedule, more information, resources, etc. on The Point’s Seasonal Influenza Program site.
Here are a few things to remember:
- Getting the vaccine before the official campaign starts still counts as compliance with the campaign.
- UEHC hours are 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Complete your ReadySet flu survey before you go to save lots of time in the clinic (instructions).
- ReadySet passwords are only good for 90 days, so if you haven’t been on ReadySet since last year, you’ll need to reset yours. Easy instructions are available on The Point and at UEHC.
- We will offer no nasal flu mist this year, as the CDC still recommends against its use.
If you have friends or family members who need a flu shot, flu vaccine for the public is available at all UI QuickCare sites, UI Health Care–Iowa River Landing in Coralville, and all UI Health Care primary care locations in Iowa City and surrounding communities. No appointment is necessary; walk-ins are welcome.