The Corridor Corporate Games (CCG) is a company-based competition that offers sports and events during June and July throughout the Cedar Rapids/Iowa City area. University of Iowa Health Care will earn points through participation, event placing, and volunteering as we compete against other organizations. At the conclusion of the CCG, the coveted Corporate Cup will be awarded to the winners!
UI Health Care is participating in the CCG because it will help with:
- Employee Engagement and Resiliency
- Health and Well-being
- Community Engagement and Connections
- Volunteer position: Course Assistant at the Road Race on Saturday, June 26 from 7:30 am – 10:30 am at the Coralville Recreation Center. Contact Liv Nurre to sign up.
- Track and Field on Sunday, June 27 at 11:30 am at Clear Creek Amana High School in Tiffin. More information here.
- Volunteer position: Long Jump Judge at the Track and Field event on Sunday, June 27 from 11:45 am – 2:00 pm at Clear Creek Amana High School in Tiffin. Contact Liv Nurre to sign up.
Unlimited participation events:
- June Learn and Earn webinar: Preventing Musculoskeletal Injuries and Improving Mobility with Dr. Michael Meersman- Certified chiropractic Sports Physician. The code to watch will be available on the CCG webpage from Wednesday, June 16 at 11:45 am until Wednesday, June 23 at 5:00 pm
- Virtual scavenger hunt from Monday, June 21 until Friday, June 28. Check out the virtual scavenger hunt event page on the Corridor Corporate Games website for a daily clue. More information here.
- Fitness walk on Tuesday, June 22 from 5:00-7:00 pm at Terry Trueblood Recreation Area in Iowa City. Family members and dogs are welcome! More information here.
- Road Race 5K on Saturday, June 26 at 8:00 am beginning at the Coralville Recreation Center. More information here.
- Virtual Interval Class on Tuesday, June 29. More information here.
- Mud volleyball, originally scheduled for Sunday, July 18, has been cancelled. Seminole Park is one of the Derecho debris staging areas and unfortunately is not in playable condition for this event.
For more information on how to register for these events, visit the FAQs below.
Frequently asked questions:
To compete at no cost and for company points, participants must be regular employees (full- or part-time), interns or retirees of companies registered for the CCG.
- Set up an account with Corridor Corporate Games. Our company code is “CCGUOFI“
- Answer the questions on the “My Info” page.
- Go to “Dashboard,” and on the left side under ‘My Info” go to “Sign up for Events”
- When you are signing up for events, you are indicating that you are interested in joining the team for them.
- Being placed on a team means that you are selected to participate in the event
- Placements on a team come on a first to sign up, first to be placed basis
- You will be notified via email regarding your participant status by the company administrator
- If you are not selected to be on the team, you will be placed on the waitlist in the event of a cancelation. In the event of a cancellation, we will contact you no later than one day before the event to fill the spot.
- If you are not interested in competing in sporting events, you can indicate your interest to volunteer.
If you have not set up an account for CCG:
- Step 1: create an account on the Corridor Corporate Games website
- Step 2: when filling out the “My Info” page, select “Yes” under “Interested in volunteering to earn company points?”
If you have set up an account for CCG:
- Step 1: go to your Dashboard on the CCG website
- Step 2: select “My Info” on the left
- Step 3: scroll down to “Interested in volunteering to earn company points?” and select “Yes”
We will then reach out to those who have indicated interest in volunteering to fill the open volunteer slots.
We highly encourage you to recruit your colleagues to be on teams with you. Teams will be assigned in order of interest indicated through the CCG platform. You will be notified via email when you are assigned to a team.
The Corridor Corporate Games (CCG) Blood Donation Challenge will take place from May 1 through July 31. If you are a UI employee and eligible to donate, please consider participating in the challenge by donating with the University of Iowa DeGowin Blood Center. Participants should schedule an appointment to donate by calling DeGowin at 356-2058 or register online at uihc.org/degowin. When you arrive for your appointment, notify registration you are donating for the Corridor Corporate Games. DeGowin will keep a tally of each registered donor.
Click here to view schedule of blood drives in June.
Click here to view schedule of blood drives in July.
At the end of the challenge, whichever company from each division has the most presenting donors, will win the “CCG Blood Donation Challenge Award.” For more information about the challenge, please contact Jessie Cunningham via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://www.corridorcorporategames.org/BloodDonationChallenge.
The Corridor Corporate Games has a list of general COVID-19 guidelines that apply to all in-person events. As time progresses, these guidelines may change. Please review these guidelines before attending your events.
The Burst Your Thirst challenge runs from June 14-July 23. Track activity minutes and water consumption through your account on the Live Healthy Iowa website or mobile app. The app is available in the Apple Store and Google Play. The last day to report water consumption or activity minutes is Tuesday, July 27.
Step-by-step instructions for signing up and entering information for the Burst Your Thirst challenge for team captains can be found here: Team Captain Instructions.
Step-by-step instructions for signing up and entering information for the Burst Your Thirst challenge for participants can be found here: Participant Instructions.
Questions? Contact Liv Nurre.
As a courtesy to all other UI Health Care participants in the Corridor Corporate Games we ask that if you sign up for an event and are placed on a team, you do all you can to fulfill those responsibilities. However, we understand that there may be instances when you are unable to participate due to unforeseen circumstances. Please using the following steps below if you are no longer able to attend the event you are signed up for.
- If you don’t anticipate you will be able to participate in an event you signed up for, we ask that you find your substitute for event first. (we should insert how they would transfer the activity assignment to a different person).
- If you are unable to find a substitute yourself, please let us know at least 24 hours before the event begins so we can find a replacement for you. There are people on the waiting list that will gladly take your spot so please let us know as soon as possible so we can give them enough notice to participate.
- If you are on the waiting list for an event, we will contact you at least 24 hours before the start of an event to offer you the opportunity to participate.