The UI Health Care Staff Emergency Fund (SEF) provides limited financial assistance for those impacted by the August 10, 2020, derecho. Funds granted to you may be counted as income and may be subject to federal and state taxes.
This specific fund is dedicated to employees whose employment does not require student status.
The SEF is made possible through the support of the Vizient Foundation.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be a currently employed, active, UIHC staff member
- Have full or part-time continuous employment for at least 3 months prior to the date you apply
- Have experienced a significant financial hardship because of damage caused by the August 10, 2020, weather event
- Have an annual base salary (equivalent to 100% FTE) of $75,000 or less
- Awards will be limited to $250 per household
- The deadline for application is Sept. 21, 2020
Given the limited amount of funds, not all requests will be granted even though there may be a clear need for assistance. Awards will be made until the funds are exhausted, so qualifying employees are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Employees separating from university employment are ineligible.
How to Apply
- Complete the Staff Emergency Fund – Derecho Recovery Workflow form at: https://workflow.uiowa.edu/form/DerechoRecovery (you may need to copy and paste link into your browser). Be sure to verify that the information is valid and accurate.
- You will be required to attach copies of bills related to the hardship, insurance filings, and a relevant photo illustrating the loss to the Workflow form. Other documentation may be requested during the application process.
- You may be contacted by Human Resources staff to review the application and to discuss other resources or services.
- You will be notified by HR of approval or denial after your completed application and supporting documents are received and reviewed.
- If your application is approved, disclosure of your Social Security number (SSN) will be requested from you in order to process payment. Internal Revenue Service regulations require that the money be reported as income. Failure to provide your SSN may result in inability to release the funds. Payment will be made by direct deposit (if you have an established accounts payable ID in the UI system) or by check sent to the MAILING address you specify.
Note: If your application is found to contain misleading or false information it will be invalidated.
If you have questions or need to make alternate arrangements to submit your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 319-356-2008.