Since 1998, members of University of Iowa Stead Family Children’s Hospital Family Advisory Council (FAC) have continued to serve as key partners in improving the quality, safety, and experience of care for pediatric patients and their families.
We are actively seeking new parent advisors to serve on FAC. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive membership, including severity/complexity of illness, race, ethnicity, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual identity, socio-economic status, language, culture, national origin, religion/spirituality, age, (dis)ability, military/veteran status, political perspective, or associational preferences.
Your recommendations for parents to serve as advisors on FAC are appreciated!
FAC Membership Information:
- Must be a parent or other adult family member of children who are current patients (inpatient or outpatient) at UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital
- Interested and eligible family members may be invited to submit a formal application and participate in an interview as part of the final FAC selection process
- New members are required to participate in an orientation session prior to the first meeting
- Meetings are held every six weeks or so via Zoom; Tuesday evenings from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
Qualifications for membership – Parent advisors must be able to:
- Support UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital’s mission of excellence in pediatric patient care, education and research
- Demonstrate compassionate interpersonal skills at meetings. This includes the ability to actively listen to others, contribute to council meetings and activities in a positive manner, as well as collaborate with other advisors and hospital staff whose perspectives, backgrounds, experiences, and communication styles may differ from your own
- Think globally about issues/priorities considered by Council.
- Effectively partner with faculty and staff to positively impact the health care experience (outcomes, quality, safety, overall experience of care) for children and families at UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital.
- Commit to serving a two-year term of service and participate in a minimum of six council meetings/year.
Please share your recommendations no later than Tuesday, September 8th to Tami Pollari (firstname.lastname@example.org; VoalteMe, or 319-353-7870).