Dr. Darbro is an Associate Professor in the Division of Medical Genetics and Genomics; and Director of the Shivanand R. Patil Cytogenetics and Molecular Laboratory.
I grew up in God’s Country…also known as Nebraska…although I was born in Spirit Lake, Iowa. Growing up my mother was a teacher and my father was a salesman. I am an only child but grew up with several dog and cat “siblings”.
In my free time I enjoy spending time with my family and friends and three miniature wiener dogs Hero, Nemesis, and Ally. Additionally, I like to play open world, PVP-focused, sandbox, MMORPGs as well as watching YouTube, Netflix, and various Twitch streams.
My dream job is basically what I am doing currently but with unlimited resources!
The most fascinating place I’ve ever visited? Norwegian fjords were definitely fascinating and breathtaking.
Favorite meal? Tough one…its a tie: Macaroni and cheese vs. pepperoni and mushroom pizza.
Favorite sports team? I plead the fifth.
Favorite book is Escape from Tenopia. Favorite movie is Star Wars (Episode 4: A New Hope).
If I had 3 wishes, they would be
- Wish 1: What would happen to me if I knew everything there was to know?
- Wish 2: Provided the answer to Wish 1 wasn’t horrific (like my head would explode or I’d go crazy) then I would wish to know everything there is to know.
- Alternate Wish 2: If the answer to Wish 1 above was horrific then Wish 2 would be what would happen to me if I were all powerful?
- Wish 3: Would depend as I would now know everything there is to know so I assume that would change my decision for my third wish.
- Wish 3: Provided the answer to Wish 2 wasn’t horrific (like I would ultimately destroy the entire universe or something) then I would wish to be all powerful.
- Alternate Wish 3: If the answer to Wish 2 above was horrific then Wish 3 would be for three more wishes!!! 🙂
Fun fact: I worked with Dr. Ian Wilmut at the Roslin Institute in Scotland and got to meet Dolly the sheep who was the first cloned mammal.