Check out this funding opportunity for tenure track faculty in years 1-4 of faculty position (and with no R01 funding). It’s a really simple internal application initially. The internal application includes the following: (but, heads up, if you’re selected the formal application is due Aug 1st to the sponsor, so be prepared but I think only 1-2 get selected to apply from U Iowa).
- An NIH biosketch
- A description of the proposed project. It should have the following elements:
- A cover sheet with the project title, your name and department, and the title of the program you are responding to.
- A lay summary of the proposed research (no more than two pages in length).
- A one-two page budget with a breakdown of how the funds will be used. Justify how the award funds will be used to advance the unique problem under study in a way that cannot be done with existing funds. Include detail on the levels of support of any grants already available or pending.
- Additional pages may be used for references.
The above materials must be submitted no later than Wednesday, June 3, 2020. The selected applicants will be asked to complete the full application package in accordance with the sponsor’s Saturday, August 1, deadline.