The annual performance review cycle is underway. The Department of Pediatrics has established a goal to have all performance reviews completed no later than February 28, 2019. Below is an outline of the necessary steps to complete this process. Please review the Self-Evaluation Guidelines for assistance on completing a well-rounded self-evaluation. You will need to send your completed self-evaluation form via the online performance review tool to your supervisor no later than December 14, 2018.
P&S Review Process
- Employee initiates “Create New Review” in Online Performance Review Tool.
- Employee completes self-evaluation, either using the system tool or utilize paper self-evaluation form that can be uploaded into the system (attached). This should be completed and sent to supervisor in the online performance review tool by December 14th.
- Supervisor utilizes request feedback option in Online Performance Review tool.
- Supervisor completes supervisor comments and rating in the Performance Review tool (does not finalize). Supervisor should upload employee’s self-evaluation into system at this time.
- Supervisor has discussion with employee.
- Supervisor clicks “Finalize Performance Review” which sends the form to employee for acknowledgement.
- Employee electronically signs form and adds additional comments.
- Performance Review is automatically uploaded into employee’s ePersonnel file.
You can access the Performance Review tool and last year’s review through Self-Service under the Personal tab.
If you need a copy of your current job description to use as a reference during this process, you may email the general Pediatrics HR email address (listed below). In the event your job duties and responsibilities have changed or evolved over the last year, please work with you supervisor to update the attached job description and return an updated copy to Pediatrics Human Resources.
Please do not hesitate to email PedsUIChildrensHR@healthcare.uiowa.edu with any questions.