More than 272,000 University of Iowa alumni and friends committed more than $1.975 billion for education, research, and health care as UI officials announced in February the conclusion of For Iowa. Forever More: The Campaign for the University of Iowa, surpassing the goal of $1.7 billion.
For UI Health Care, more than 146,600 donors contributed over $834 million. Their giving supports students, faculty, facilities, programs, and research in the UI Carver College of Medicine and UI Hospitals and Clinics. The five most generous donors to the campaign were:
• Roy J. Carver Charitable Trust: more than $71 million, including $45 million for the Iowa Neuroscience Institute.
• John and Mary Pappajohn: more than $32 million, including $26.4 million for the Pappajohn Biomedical Institute and John and Mary Pappajohn Biomedical Discovery Building.
• Stephen and Andrea Wynn: more than $25 million for the UI Stephen A. Wynn Institute for Vision Research.
• Fraternal Order of Eagles: more than $25 million for the Fraternal Order of Eagles Diabetes Research Center.
• Jerre and Mary Joy Stead: more than $25 million for UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital and the Stead Family Department of Pediatrics.