- Facilitates consistent, accurate, optimal documentation by providing both formal and informal educational programs that includes effective and inclusive education materials, catering to different learning styles and abilities.
- Plans, develops, and implements network-wide education specific to clinical quality and documentation improvement, that promotes complete and accurate documentation and capture.
- Plays a key role with implementation of training for nursing staff, physicians and mid-level practitioners that addresses documentation issues and variances related to quality metrics and measures. Takes lead role in provider education opportunities, including resident and new provider orientation.
- Leads CDI onboarding program to ensure efficient and complete education and development of clinical documentation specialists.
- Leads CDI orientation committee; meeting regularly to review process for quarterly updates to the program that ensure continued high-quality engaged onboarding of new CDI nurses.
- Teaches and mentors other Clinical Department Specialists on clinical documentation improvement principles and concepts, serving as a resource person to key stakeholders across the organization.
- Maintains a climate of learning that promotes valuable educational experiences for all levels.
- Supports projects that provide educational opportunities across the spectrum of improving accurate documentation from identifying and educating interdisciplinary champions to identifying and implementing process improvement/efficiencies.
Quality Assurance/Data Collection and Analyze/Compliance:
- Works closely with health information management, clinical documentation specialist and the quality improvement program to successfully identify, review and develop education patient safety indicators, hospital acquired conditions and other quality driven measures.
- Reviews data/metrics with providers at the individual or group level with a focus on strategies that will drive improvement as it relates to documentation improvement.
- Conducts second level CDI reviews of clinical documentation to ensure points of clarification have been recorded in the patient’s chart and captured accurately in coding.
- Works closely with the CDI quality supervisor to complete audits, identify trends and develop education that leads to documentation improvement.
- Works with the analytic team, leadership, and the coding department to assess documentation gaps and formulates appropriate CDI educational tools
- Certified Clinical Documentation Specialist (CCDS)
- Home decorating
- Spending time with friends and family
Address: C41-I GH
Phone: (319) 467-5215
When asked, “What inspires you?”
“Being around positive people that have both professional and personal goals and want to be the best they can be.”