Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist
- Daily record review for inpatient admissions to ensure the medical record accurately reflects the severity of illness and intensity of service, resulting in the appropriate MS-DRG assignment
- Extensively collaborates with physicians, medical records coding staff, hospital administration, and other patient caregivers to improve accuracy and completeness of acute inpatient documentation.
- Completes education for all members of the patient care team on clinical documentation opportunities, hospital coding and/or reimbursement issues, as well as performance improvement methodologies.
- Conduct record reconciliation with hospital coding staff to assign a working DRG.
- Maintains thorough and current knowledge of clinical care and treatment of assigned patient populations to critically assess appropriateness of documentation.
Special Interests and Activities:
Currently interested in creating and implementing a process improvement plan to adapt CDI workflow and decrease physician burnout related to queries and documentation.
When asked “What inspires you?”
“Collaborating with other healthcare professionals to provide innovative solutions in the always changing healthcare field.”