Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist
- Daily record review for inpatient admissions to ensure the medical record accurately reflects the severity of illness and intensity of service, resulting in the appropriate MS-DRG assignment
- Extensively collaborates with physicians, medical records coding staff, hospital administration, and other patient caregivers to improve accuracy and completeness of acute inpatient documentation.
- Completes education for all members of the patient care team on clinical documentation opportunities, hospital coding and/or reimbursement issues, as well as performance improvement methodologies.
- Conduct record reconciliation with hospital coding staff to assign a working DRG.
- Maintains thorough and current knowledge of clinical care and treatment of assigned patient populations to critically assess appropriateness of documentation.
Special Interests and Activities:
- Spending time with my children and grandchildren
- Scuba Diving/ Advanced Open Water Diver
Office address: C41-H GH
When asked “What inspires you?”
“Kindness. People doing the right thing whether someone is watching or not. “