Clinical Documentation Specialist
- Daily record review for inpatient admissions to ensure the medical record accurately reflects the severity of illness and intensity of service, resulting in the appropriate MS-DRG assignment
- Extensively collaborates with physicians, medical records coding staff, hospital administration, and other patient caregivers to improve accuracy and completeness of acute inpatient documentation.
- Completes education for all members of the patient care team on clinical documentation opportunities, hospital coding and/or reimbursement issues, as well as performance improvement methodologies.
- Conduct record reconciliation with hospital coding staff to assign a working DRG.
- Maintains thorough and current knowledge of clinical care and treatment of assigned patient populations to critically assess appropriateness of documentation.
- BSN from University of Iowa
- Iowa nursing license, ACLS, BLS
Special Interests and Activities:
I enjoy Hawkeye sports and being outside. I enjoy spending time with my family.
Office Address: C41
When asked, “What inspires you?”
“I like to help people and I enjoy making a difference.”