Director, Quality Improvement Program
- Provide leadership, direction and expertise in the development, implementation, reporting, and evaluation of quality, safety and performance improvement initiatives.
- Collaborate with administration and health care professionals in the development of strategies and methodologies to evaluate processes and outcomes of care to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Develop and maintain relationships with clinical and hospital departments to facilitate collaborative achievement of CQSPI (Clinical Quality, Safety and Performance Improvement) and UIHC objectives.
- Serve as advisor to the Chief Quality Officer on internal and external performance improvement activities in clinical areas related to safety, quality and resource management.
- Provide leadership and direction for the implementation and compliance reporting of recommended national health care quality and patient safety standards.
- 1992 – Master of Arts – Nursing, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa
Role Preparation: Nurse Executive
- 1982 – Bachelor of Science – Nursing, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa
Special Interests & Activities:
- August 2013-present: University of Iowa Museum of Art Members
- University HealthSystem Consortium (UHC) Clinical Benchmarking Coordinator
- 2010-present, Kids First Board, Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Address: C-512-A GH
When asked, “What inspires you?”
“Making a difference and experiencing others making a difference!”