- Provides quality oversight and education at the department level by assisting to develop and implement clinical documentation improvement processes that maximize efficiency and quality of clinical documentation to promote accurate documentation and coding.
- Works closely with health information management, Clinical Documentation Specialists and the Quality Improvement Program to successfully identify, review and develop processes patient safety indicators, hospital acquired conditions and other quality driven measures.
- Coordinates documentation improvement and coding audits, providing physician documentation improvement education.
- Collaborates with the inpatient coding team and their leadership to ensure adherence to established processes; providing second level quality reviews when necessary.
- Supports projects that provide support across the spectrum of improving accurate documentation from identifying and educating interdisciplinary champions to identifying and implementing process improvement/efficiencies.
- Maintains thorough and current knowledge of clinical care and treatment of assigned patient populations to critically assess appropriateness of documentation.
- RN – Iowa Central Community College, BSN- University of Iowa
- MSN – Chamberlain University
- Certified Clinical Documentation Specialist (CCDS)
- Spending time with family, especially grandchildren.
- Sewing quilts when have time
Voalte and Skype
When asked, “What inspires you?”
“When I am learning something new or teaching some one something new. I also feel inspired when I have had a successful working day!”